Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2008, 03:05 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default seriously need help on Aleph-3

hi,

thanks to nelson pass.

as nelson pass informed me for 100w, i have to change somethings on the aleph-3 circuit.

i am using aleph-3 circuit diagram and changed R114 to 33.2k for 15w. if its 15w per pair then 7X15=105w. my voltage is 29vdc.

now question is, should i need to change more resister values?

i attched the circuit diagram which i followed. i made same as it is only i changed R114 and added another 4 pair of mosfets.

thank you for help.
michael
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aleph30.pdf (29.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 3rd August 2008, 04:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Space, there are several Alph amps with different model #s and
power output. The alph 3 uses 2 sets of output devices, .47ohm source resistors and 25v rail voltages. Adding more output devices does not give you more watts output. If you need more
output power you have to have higher rail voltages when you
raise the rail voltages you also need more output devices as
is done in the Alph 2 it uses 6 pair of devices 1ohm source resistors and 45v rails. Or the alph1.2 that uses 12 pair of output
devices,1.5 ohm source resistors and 60v rails.
Old 5th August 2008, 09:29 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default problem has solved.

hi,

Thanks to nelson pass for his advice and thank to others too. my problem has solved.

i have incesed my voltage to 45Vdc. but i still keep my 0.47 there. today i just made another channel. here is the pic. i will change the resister to 1ohms later on. i have to find 1% type so it will be just nice.

now i made two channel each 100w, so total 200w rms into 8 ohms.

i just operate this amp for hrs. beautiful sound. honestly tells you. if i can make pcb board for it. the sound will be even more btr then now it is.

here is the pic.. of two channel.

its works....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0066 copy.jpg (64.5 KB, 209 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!