Aleph Help Needed ! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2008, 12:25 AM   #1
cloud is offline cloud  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Aleph Help Needed !

After alot of reading and little understanding ! My question is based on using the current Aleph pcb's from Brian GT/Chip-amp ect... I would like to construct 2 mono amplifier's each channel having 6 output devices per rail ! I'm looking for something with at least 60+ wpch ! I do not understand 90% of the needed design information posted in most thread's ect... Just looking for a sound way to construct a pair of amp's using these wonderful black pcb's. I would be very greatful for any help one could offer ! Ever so much THANK-YOU !
Old 1st August 2008, 12:59 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

It would help considerably if you told us what the problem is. Your post is rather vague.
In your other thread you started by asking for construction details for a 60W Aleph, then abruptly switched to asking about bridging Aleph 3s (all things being equal, this would be a 120W amp), then seemed to want an Aleph-X. It would also help if you would focus on one--and only one--goal.
I'd suggest that if you're having problems with building a circuit based on someone else's board that you get in contact with them. After all, they're the ones who sold you the board. A certain level of support can be expected to be part of the deal.

Grey
Old 1st August 2008, 01:35 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

GRollins, Thank-you for the quick reply! I have tried to contact Brian with little luck. I'm shure you know the board's I speak of as they came in red, blue than black. Using these pcb's I would like to try to construct a pair of mono amp's. There are many version's of the Aleph based amplifier, with out a schematic for the board's in question I simply don't know where to begin. I was hoping to find someone who has built mono-block's and had good result using these pcb's. All I seem to find is a 10-15 or 30 watt BOM ! Sometime before Brian's Aleph site went down I remember reading about someone who built mono-block's using 2 output board's per rail. If I were to guess I belive it to be something like a Aleph 2 or F2. For what it's worth this type amp is what I was hoping to construct. As far as bridging I was just looking for a way to get more power output w/o having to build a all together different amp. These are the board's in question > new batch of mini Aleph amplifier and PSU boards, post 1
Old 1st August 2008, 01:48 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Brian's board:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf minialeph-sch.pdf (27.5 KB, 82 views)
Old 1st August 2008, 02:07 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

MEGA-amp, Thank-you Based on this schematic using the output boards attached to the amp board ect... it show's 6 IRFP240's ! Has anyone used 2 set's of output pcb's for a total of 12 this being 6 per rail ? If so how or what changes are needed using mini A board's ? If this is over-kill or foolish please let me know! Again THANK-YOU Edit> After rereading I belive what I'm tring to construct is a Aleph-60
Old 1st August 2008, 02:28 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Calling Grey

Just trying to get a hold of you to see if you're interested in a little freelance independent parts verification gig in exchange for some freebies. You can email me through here

Dave

p.s... sorry to be off topic guys...
Old 1st August 2008, 02:33 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

With his boards, you can build any Aleph you want. If you have extra output boards, you can certainly expand as you see fit. Changes? As Grey pointed out, you're still being vague. What wattage do you want? 60+ is broad, that covers A5, A4, A2, A1.2 all with corresponding increases in hardware size/price. Foolish? Never!! Compare schematics between different Alephs, and Brian's schematic to figure things out. If you need schematics for other Alephs....I have some, PM.
Old 1st August 2008, 02:35 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

If you want to use Brian's boards, you have 2 choices if you are dead set on making a volksamp 60. Well, 3 choices.

-buy two sets of boards and just take the output boards from the second set(you can then make a mini a with what is left of the second set)

-do your output section point to point.

-etch your own output boards.

send me a PM.
Old 1st August 2008, 03:01 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Ok this is where I get really confused !To narrow the field some it's either the A2 or A4 or what I org thought of as a Aleph 60! Can someone explain in very simple term's how they differ and which would be best suited using the mini-A power supply board's. I have 2 also 4 single amp and 8 output pcb's ect... These board's are beautiful and if at all possible I don't want to change anything with the exception of additional output board's.

Hide this!Advertise here!