Aleph 60 Experience

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone built a Aleph 60 or Volksamp 60 using those wonderful black pcb's from chipamp.com ? If so could you please shed some light on the construction detail's ect... ? Also can someone please send me a link or copy of the A60 service manual or schematic ?:confused:

Has anyone built a stereo version of the Aleph 30 than bridged it in mono to use as a single amp ? Sorry to have replied to my own post, but it seem's I have to many question's with to few answer's ! I believe the org Aleph site which is no longer available had the answer's to most of my question's ect....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
cloud said:
Has anyone built a stereo version of the Aleph 30 than bridged it in mono to use as a single amp ? Sorry to have replied to my own post, but it seem's I have to many question's with to few answer's ! I believe the org Aleph site which is no longer available had the answer's to most of my question's ect....

yup

it's often called Aleph X

:rofl:

Could the X be constructed using the Brian GT pcb's ? if so what mods if any are needed ? Can someone please post a copy or link to the schematic for the Brian GT/ Chipamp board's so I may better understand how to construct a pair of mono amp's Thank-you !

Hi

The Aleph X is not an "off the peg" amplifier.

There are schematics and pcb boards available from a few sources for the Aleph amplifiers that allow a fairly straightforward build. I think there is an Aleph 30 wiki to look at.

With the Aleph X you can find a basic schematic in one of the numerous Aleph X threads; but essentially you need to modify the basic design to your own requirements. You could copy one of the designs on the threads exactly and try that but you would probably need to fine tune it to some extent. The Aleph X is for diyers with experience. There is an Aleph X wiki.

If you have some experience read the Aleph X threads and build an Aleph X. I built one and they sound good. If you are not so experienced build an Aleph amp first of all to gain some experience. The Aleph and Aleph X amps are both Nelson Pass concepts/designs and both sound excellant

I have not seen the Brian GT boards. But if they are Aleph boards, then yes you can use two of them to build an Aleph X amp. You will need to modify them slightly but you should be able to pick up the mods if you read the Aleph X threads. If you are lucky someone may have done that homework for you already but I have seen it mentioned anywhere.

Don

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.