Aleph 60 Experience - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2008, 08:15 AM   #1
cloud is offline cloud  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Aleph 60 Experience

Has anyone built a Aleph 60 or Volksamp 60 using those wonderful black pcb's from chipamp.com ? If so could you please shed some light on the construction detail's ect... ? Also can someone please send me a link or copy of the A60 service manual or schematic ?
Old 31st July 2008, 05:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Has anyone built a stereo version of the Aleph 30 than bridged it in mono to use as a single amp ? Sorry to have replied to my own post, but it seem's I have to many question's with to few answer's ! I believe the org Aleph site which is no longer available had the answer's to most of my question's ect....
Old 31st July 2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud
Has anyone built a stereo version of the Aleph 30 than bridged it in mono to use as a single amp ? Sorry to have replied to my own post, but it seem's I have to many question's with to few answer's ! I believe the org Aleph site which is no longer available had the answer's to most of my question's ect....

yup

it's often called Aleph X

Old 31st July 2008, 06:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Could the X be constructed using the Brian GT pcb's ? if so what mods if any are needed ? Can someone please post a copy or link to the schematic for the Brian GT/ Chipamp board's so I may better understand how to construct a pair of mono amp's Thank-you !
Old 27th August 2008, 07:04 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to AndreaFx Send a message via MSN to AndreaFx
Uppppp, i'm interested too for Aleph 60 with Brian PCB
Old 27th August 2008, 02:11 PM   #6
AMV8 is offline AMV8  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi

The Aleph X is not an "off the peg" amplifier.

There are schematics and pcb boards available from a few sources for the Aleph amplifiers that allow a fairly straightforward build. I think there is an Aleph 30 wiki to look at.

With the Aleph X you can find a basic schematic in one of the numerous Aleph X threads; but essentially you need to modify the basic design to your own requirements. You could copy one of the designs on the threads exactly and try that but you would probably need to fine tune it to some extent. The Aleph X is for diyers with experience. There is an Aleph X wiki.

If you have some experience read the Aleph X threads and build an Aleph X. I built one and they sound good. If you are not so experienced build an Aleph amp first of all to gain some experience. The Aleph and Aleph X amps are both Nelson Pass concepts/designs and both sound excellant

I have not seen the Brian GT boards. But if they are Aleph boards, then yes you can use two of them to build an Aleph X amp. You will need to modify them slightly but you should be able to pick up the mods if you read the Aleph X threads. If you are lucky someone may have done that homework for you already but I have seen it mentioned anywhere.

Don
Old 31st August 2008, 06:33 PM   #7
jpc6204 is offline jpc6204  United States
diyAudio Member

I am also interested in doing this. If you haven't seen this post yet, it is well worth your time:

Aleph-X: High-Power Version

With some modifications it is possible to use BriansGT boards...but better yet, we should ask Brian to sell the Aleph-x boards!!!

Jeff...
Old 4th September 2008, 06:48 PM   #8
batee is offline batee  United States
diyAudio Member

I have four of the Hifizen Aleph X boards for sale. Each supports one audio channel, so two boards are needed for a stereo pair.

Email me at batee@fidnet.com

Bryan

Hide this!Advertise here!