Aleph 5 - B&W CM1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,
Last year I've made two monoblocks of Aleph 5 driven by Aleph P1.7, sound is terrific. But... recently I've changed speakers with B&W CM1. On modest level of listening everything is OK, but little louder looks like drivers will fly away. Is there any help or should I consider building another type of Pass amp.
Regards,

Attachments

• dsc00000.jpg
    dsc00000.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 360
tonistefanovski said:

On modest level of listening everything is OK, but little louder looks like drivers will fly away.

Can you be a little more specific about the problem? Assuming equal volume, the speakers should behave the same regardless of amplifier if you mean something you can see with your eyes. (Things you can hear are a different matter entirely.)
If the picture I found on the web is any indication, your CM1s are ported speakers. If, for instance, you are using a turntable as a source, ported speakers will give you extreme woofer excursions at the slightest hint of a 5Hz signal; it's just the nature of the beast. In other words, it's not the amplifier's fault and changing amplifiers will not help.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.