A30 - Finally!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Gema,

Congratulations! Very nice work.
I am jealous.;)

I would like to mention two points:

make sure the Faston connectors are very tight on the rectifier lugs.
If loose, the resistance increases and that will lead to a hot spot/connection. I experienced that in one of my amps. I then soldered the wires straight to the rectifier lugs.

Power resistors should be mounted above the pcb. A gap between 0.25 and 0.5 inch (5-10mm) helps the cooling and will prevent damage to the pcb if the resistor gets very hot. Burnt pcb smells foul. Burnt pcb also becomes porous and moisture can create a path between tracks and pads and create havoc with signals and power supplies.
:eek:

Enjoy your amp.

Serge

Maybe this little thing will help someone.
I don’t like trimmers of any kind, so in this project I came across a solution for fitting resistors that may be easily swapped with resistors with different values. The catch is in the pins taken from DIL IC sockets.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• img_5621.jpg
    img_5621.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,417
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.