i am ready to build Aleph-X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi All,

I already build Aleph-3...sound great. it is working well. temp is really in good control.

Now, i am ready to build Aleph-X with 60 to 100w. what is the watts originally? i saw even have 100w. where can i find aleph X using this IRF9610 and IRFP240. i have lots of this mosfets.

pls advice me with nice design with heat sink requirements too.

thank you for your help.

best regards
michael

Magura said:

Hi Magura,

Sorry, I have to say this few words now. Why is this forum for? Is this only to read comments or just to seat at back side and watch what’s others says? We all have right to ask question, which is related to the thread or forum. Before i posted any thread, I already went to search, it is very easy way but when I became confused, I have right to ask you all Experts.

Anyway, How do you know I have posted 60s? Have you counted it? I even don’t know how many are there.

if you don’t like to help, its fine with me. pls don’t write such words.

Thank you
Michael

hi,

i went many web and read about how they made aleph-x. i found lots of aleph-x, z bla..bla bla...60 to100w even have 200w too. i was totally confused. i downloaded many circuit designs, all are dfrnt, they are aleph-x to z. now question is which is the correct one? not all types of question can ask into the same thread which is not related at all. i try to stay into the thread which is related. some times only gets wrong due to mistake.

best regards
michael

space2000 said:

Hi Magura,

Sorry, I have to say this few words now. Why is this forum for? Is this only to read comments or just to seat at back side and watch what’s others says? We all have right to ask question, which is related to the thread or forum. Before i posted any thread, I already went to search, it is very easy way but when I became confused, I have right to ask you all Experts.

Anyway, How do you know I have posted 60s? Have you counted it? I even don’t know how many are there.

if you don’t like to help, its fine with me. pls don’t write such words.

Thank you
Michael

If you look at the very top of the passlabs forum, you will se a permanent thread NAMED ax builders thread. You didn't even have to search.

Magura

space2000 said:
Have you counted it?

I did actually, also counted the number of days you've been a member, and your total post number.
A week ago you started a new thread every other day, 1 new thread for every 4 posts you made.

If the mods don't have a problem with it, i sure do not either, just trying to give you a friendly warning.
Sooner or later, a lot of folks will get tired of a new question or a new thread every day.
The only ones who will respond will be the wise-guys who desire nothing more than answering other people's questions.

I've been a member here for nearly 4 years, read it from the day Nelson Pass joined in.
Maybe i've started a general thread once, not exactly sure, i've only started 2 in the trading post forum.

space2000 said:
hi,

yes, i know that forum. i even wrote there but no one answrd. i wrote which should i follow? no one tells me. i decided to make one thread to ask you all.

anyway thanks for advice.

best regards
michael

Most whom have built the AX lately, has spent the time reading the entire AX build thread, it will answer 99% of your questions, and answer like 80% of your questions at least twice, same goes for the WIKI Netlist mentioned.

Now some of us has explained a few times, that starting loads of threads, is not very smart. I'll try to explain why. If all the info related to one topic, is in one thread, it is relatively simple to follow, and follow up on. When all the info is spread in a gazillion threads, the same info will be in a gazillion threads. In the end, this will turn things very messy.

Now that you didn't get an answer, to your question in the AX build thread, has two reasons:

1) you have managed to give most of us an impression of yourself, as a guy not really wanting to do the footwork, but expecting us all to serve you a nice cuisine on a silver plate. Not happening!

2) the answer to your question has already been given a number of times in the AX build thread, so reading the thread in question, would spare yourself asking, and us answering the same question for the 10th. time.

Once you've read the ENTIRE AX thread, AND the WIKI, come back and ask questions, and we will all gladly help you out.

Magura :)

I realized an Aleph-X (70W for monoblock )same time ago…and you can find my 3D. Before to realize it I read all the posts about Aleph-x (they are a lot ) …. But keep in mind (IMHO) the “original” Aleph-x has 30W all the other are variations and you need to elaborate (a little) the circuit yourself.
Paolo

sinuko said:
I realized an Aleph-X (70W for monoblock )same time ago…and you can find my 3D. Before to realize it I read all the posts about Aleph-x (they are a lot ) …. But keep in mind (IMHO) the “original” Aleph-x has 30W all the other are variations and you need to elaborate (a little) the circuit yourself.
Paolo

My compliments :cool:

I have never noticed you here, so you must have put quite some effort into sorting things out on your own.

Magura :)

sinuko said:
This is the 3D
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109076

...Magura this is the prove...you not read all !!!!!

Ciao Paolo

i am not good as you all.

wow, very impressive your works. i just downloaded your circuit design. this is 80w right? so you used 12 pcs each channel.

i can see the heat sink so massive wow....how is the size of those each one heat sink?

i have some parts available so pls advice me.

IRFP240, IRF9610. i can see aleph-X used all this.
about transformer : after dc voltage 29 to 30vdc 10 ampre.
can i use one transformer for two channel?

thank you
michael

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The questions you are asking are rather basic (at one point they were not for me), and can be figured out if you put a little sweat equity into it. There are few handouts here, and no hand holding. Me, I knew nothing, well nearly nothing about the details of building amplifiers. I asked dumb questions and to this day I still ask relatively dumb questions. But at the prompting of members here, the advice given was to seek out the information yourself, that way, you'll learn better. And once you get it, you'll never forget it. If I don't quite understand something, I still pour over threads for understanding before I reach for the "New Thread" button. Quite frankly, I think its laziness to simply start multiple threads, when massive amounts of studying and reading are to be had. The information is all here, from wiki's to literally thousands of links in thousands of threads that lead to new places.

Before to start..which speakers do you use? Which is their impendence? Keep in mind that a true class A amplifier clip in two manner:
1- voltage clipping
2- current clipping
So on the base of your speaker you can reach one of the two form of clipping.
There is a fantastic spreadsheet on the Aleph-x’s 3D that show you all this…so I suggest (a lot of people have just do that) to you to spent 1-2 weeks to read all about Aleph-x and after start with your project.
Ciao Paolo

P.S. the heat sink are 35 cm x 15 cm x 13 cm (6.5Kg ) each.

picture of new baby aleph-x

hi,

i can't post pic to other thread so posted here.
this is just a bging. there are lots to be done. i have to check all the errors on the board. it is only for testing purpose. sound can' play but there are distorion as it is without checked for errors, just right after finsished i checked with powered. its works but with distortion.

thanks

Successfully build aleph-X.

Hi,

I have build aleph-x successfully. There was a distortion cause by the input wrong placement.

I need a bit help from you guys.

I just connected DVD output to Aleph-x (+in) and (GND). It is working fine with no distortion at all. But I am not sure is this correct.

For input connection of aleph-x as I am driving from DVD player to aleph-x.

Pls tell me is this correct way.

(DVD player + out) goes to (+ in Aleph-x)
(DVD player GND out) goes to ( GND Aleph-x)

How about aleph-x (– input)? Should I keep just open?

Thank you for your help. very clean sound.

Best regards
michael

sorry i was unable to post the pic yesterday. here is the little baby aleph-x, just born.

now its sound is very clean, no more hum. i am here using only 4 pcs IRFP240 but now i will slowly increse.

this is only for testing purpose there are lots can be done. just a bgng.

*Thanks for helping me to usnderstnd some part of this amp.

best regards
mchael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.