B1 Buffer Preamp

I am building the B1 Preamp, and as an absolute beginner, I'm having a hard time telling how to orient the 4 JFETs on the PCB. The shape in white outline on the PCB at Q 100,101,200,201 approximates that of the transistor itself. Is this a key to the orientation? Thanks...I'm really enjoying this project so far.

Found this and will be using it to power my B1. Should be interesting.
Put it on the meter and it registered a solid 24.1VDC which can be adjusted +/- 10% I believe.

Invalid Request

ECM40US24 - XP POWER ECM40US24 - AC-DC CONV, OPEN FRAME, 1 O/P, 40W, 1.7A, 24V | Newark element14 Canada

IMG_20140410_133645_a.jpg
IMG_20140410_133654.jpg

B1 help needed please.

I have just completed my B1 build and fired it up to find that I have no attenuation control. It's outputting the full volume regardless of attenuator setting. Both channels have the same problem. I have checked the connections to the Valab mono SMD attenuators installed and they appear to be as Valab's photos. Before I try other attenuators I have on hand, are there any suggestions please?

There are normally four wires to an attenuator.

The Input signal Flow and Return.
The Output signal Flow and Return.

The input pair are twisted to help reject interference.
The output pair are twisted to help reject interference.

Where a PCB has commoned the input return and the output return, then you have to choose:
twist all three wires together to create a twisted triplet and run that from PCB to attenuator, trying to minimise LOOP AREAS at the terminations.
or
create a second common near it's signal. Then run a pair from the original common and signal to attenuator AND run a pair from the new common and it's signal to the attenuator.

If the Signal has a common plane then scraping a patch of trace next to the signal pad creates the "new common" and keeps LOOP AREA small.