B1 Buffer Preamp

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nelson Pass said:
Central to "Boston Legal" is the friendship between two attorneys who
are politically polar opposites.

It is my second favorite set of DVD's of television shows.

:cool:

Papa - considering that I'm in beginning of 4. season of BL .......... which is No.1 favorite ?

edit:

boyz :

stop with that rep-dem drek ........

I have locally dem-radical situation ........ and I'm pretty aware that they are eating in same stable ...........

:rofl: :bawling:

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Manu said:
Yes of course!
I was just refering of the Ur-meaning of democracy in ancien Crece.
It has nothing to do with our actual sense of "people" , as there were only a fraction of society allowed to "vote".

But it is is nothing that may matter here.

Manu

We are a relatively new state, only the language is routed to them and the geography is the same. Ancient Greece belongs to anybody feeling philosophically linked to those guys. Julius Caesar founded the West as we know it on a plan, using their ideas. Renaissance stood on solders of giants like Aristotle. Add some Machiavelli in the mix. The Western principles are considered deeply Aristotelian till today. The Athenian democracy was a direct system. Every citizen had to govern in groups. Back in those days slavery in Athens was like immigration today. Don't think of cotton fields. A ''slave'' could lend money to a citizen or could become one by doing some common benefit deed. When democrats fought aristocrats, thousands of ''slaves'' became citizens because they fought for democracy. It was just a clever system that proved strong in the course of time. They were not ideologists. Pragmatists more to say. Ideology comes on the scene after the French revolution.

salas said:

Ancient Greece belongs to anybody feeling philosophically linked to those guys.

Those guys were not all philosophers...
Anyways.
Afaik phisolophy means "friend of wisdom". I like it.
As much as I cannot stand a so called "wise man" I have a sympathy for somebody who is just a friend of it ...
There is more latitude for creativity ...

Manu

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Manu said:

Those guys were not all philosophers...
Anyways.
Afaik phisolophy means "friend of wisdom". I like it.
As much as I cannot stand a so called "wise man" I have a sympathy for somebody who is just a friend of it ...
There is more latitude for creativity ...

Manu

Of course. They were a fully fledged society with butchers and saints and everything. They just had more of a direct say and some excellent people who thought over issues straight. Those guys said some right stuff first in history, and they proved right. So they became classics for everybody to draw from. Actually the idea of democracy was born after of a casual discussion between sophists wondering if being best is hereditary or it can be achieved. They concluded that it can be achieved. So they thought that everybody must have a chance. Aristocracy started clocking backwards till then in Athens.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
What quarrel? These are just thoughts on concepts. We exchange thoughts so to achieve a ''truer'' truth.:D The very essence of a forum (meaning a market in Latin, guess who got it from whom), is exchange of ideas. The market gave birth to democracy.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Example:

Attachments

• screenshot.gif
    screenshot.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,809
Nelson Pass said:

The choice of capacitors is unlikely to have that much effect. Assuming that
the DC voltage at the output before the cap is 1/2 the supply voltage,
it is likely that the issue is switching noise from the DAC.

When I put shottky diodes bridges ( 1n5819 ) into digital stuff ,
I always perceive stronger bass and cleaner highs , and I feel the sensation of a louder sound and set the volume knob at lower levels than usual .