B1 Buffer Preamp

B1 complete and working wonderfully ..... Just got to build a case for the PSU :)

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 551

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Lol... I'm saying don't worry about it. Caps don't make anywhere near as much difference as people like to think they do. Use whatever nice film cap you can get of the proper rating and voltage. Get the circuit working. Listen to how good it is. (And it is quite fantastic :) )

Then, if you want to mess with it, spend a ton of money on whatever audiophile approved caps you want and then see what kind of difference they make.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If you are talking about the 10uF caps I believe the original used axon's. Partsconnexion don't stock the 10uF size but do have 11uF which I think should work fine. cheap too. AXON True Cap Metallized Polypropylene Capacitors at only $2.88 each :)

if you are only buying two they should come in well within the 250g Canada post small parcel Limit which is about $10 from memory for shipping. Bit steep paying $10 in shipping for $6 worth of caps I guess, but that's the way it goes sometimes!

Tony.

When I go on the water, I wear Musto(&Hyde) clothing : hollow polypropylene fiber underwear, and breathing ptfe membrane outerwear.
Only downside is that a complete outfit costs several thousand dollars.

If you favor all-polyester at 75 cents/per, be my guest.
Believe me, if 9101 means Januari 1991, you live in the previous century.

Last edited:
I worked as a QC/QA stiff on the first Coke PET-bottle production line here.
Seemed like the best next thing.
(in particular if one previously did the same at the end of a 150ft rolling "doormat" Glass line, at +40C )

Nowadays, one is lucky to get it in a glass bottle, and Classic Coke doesn't even taste classic to me.

The B1 sounds like the next best thing to you.
Me, I've built every possible buffer 20 years ago, from Burr Brown OPA dip8 ones to full discrete, as (balanced) line drivers.

You can do me a favor by sawing a Ruskie in half, and tell me what you see.
Mentioning that you enjoy Coke Classic in a PET bottle doesn't really cut it for me.
YMMV, regards.

You wish me to risk my life every year at BA, by flying over with Pèpè Gonzalez ?

Shopping at latino shops in Castro is fun, lots of nice items there to stuff in a flightcase.
With my shirt off, I likely wouldn't look suspicious at the Folsom street fair, if not for showing signs of arousal by various leather dikes.

(you should try driving up and down the Panamericana from panamÁ city, with a Puerto-Rican fool, a handgun between his legs, one under the seat, and another in the glove compartment)

Attachments

• Fool.jpg
    Fool.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 627
Last edited: