Hitachi Cap??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is it fake or not ? I can't find this data!!
I want it in Aleph-X,is it sound good ??

Attachments

• fa.jpg
    fa.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 378
Hi,

This type is defenately a fake one. I had this confirmed by the product people of Hitachi.

The type I was using was the 22.000 / 100V. When used near the maximum voltage the leakage current exponentially goes up and can lead to an expolding cap.

I had this when using the 100V type at 92V!

So be carefull when you use this cap.

the price is attractive though!!! the sound is OK.

Definitely a FAKE!!! ("HCG FA" "2NE3")

I bought two new 22,000 MFD here in Mexico City, and one of them was OPEN CIRCUIT from factory!
The other one measured slightly above 20,000 MFD. (A good quality electrolytic capacitor, will always measure above the nominal value, possibly reaching 1.30 times the nominal value when new...

These are Chinese fakes, that series never existed in Hitachi authentic capacitors.

Beware of catastrophic failure posibility, and remember that a HUGE energy storage is what you are handling with these sizes of capacitors. At one time, an electronics teacher demonstrated the power that can be unleached by shorting the terminal with a large screwdriver... the corner of the half inch wide blade was completely vaporized by the discharge! Take care! amclaussen, Mexico City.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.