Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

I can sell you one of my 250VA EI trafos I had custom made in Italy for the Pumpkin. I decided to be just crazy, not totally nuts and used only one. 42V secondaries...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Not sure if it fits the bill, though :D:D. Its new and unused. I payed 80€, would sell it for 50€.

Shipping to the UK is 15 Euro from here (Germany)

Regards
Sven

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Watch out for Airlink.

Their quality is not all that consistent, and once you get a dud, their customer service is at best "problematic".

RS components sells transformers for cheap, and with reasonable shipping charges.

Magura :)

Thanks for the tip Magura.I haven't actually bought from then yet;just remembered the link from another thread.There prices are reasonable though and they do a wide range of secondary voltages which RS or Farnell don't do.

It has been A long time since last post

I got a Shunty working fine yesterday the other just wont have it.
I have most probably messed up the PCB when desoldering components for the third time.

I am going to start and probably bench test Pumpkin today.

Questions
What gain you use for F5?
I am thinking 4 may be the best compromise so R5 R6 at about 47K
As those are about 1/2 then C1 C2 = 10P ?

Long time since
Got my Pumpkin getting there.
Got same truble with setting up ofset sems to go from +3 to - X V as WR1 turns atiny winy fraction so I put on same red and green components.

Did I do this right (please remember I have attention span of Dodo site of Trillobite and move swings that would make Marvin estatic)
so when one vrites turn pot to zero it takes me quite a lot to decide to ground the imputs and still wonder if is right.
So question :

Are green and red componets in right place?
And by the way
Prety crappy square
Prety good square
Prety nasty mod (green and red dudas)

Attachments

• My Pumpkin 001.jpg
    My Pumpkin 001.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 357
  • My Pumpkin 002.jpg
    My Pumpkin 002.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 332
  • My Pumpkin 003.jpg
    My Pumpkin 003.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
sorry

will look tomorrow

me brain is on 10% of usual 10%

had 560km of driving today , with air conditioner on all the time

it would be more enjoying that I took bicycle for that trip , instead of car

:rofl:

in any case - whatever you do , that devily vegetable must be in final case , with lid on

usual drill as with any Papa's creature - temp equilibrium is 70% of story