Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

luvdunhill said:

still formulating evil plan. What is max ouput (p-p, vrms) of :Pumpkin: and what amount of DC is present before the coupling capacitor?

... and if the output coupling capacitor was replaced with a transformer, how much current could flow through the transformer? I was quoted 5mA as a reasonable maximum, so this implies that the DC offset can be greater than negligible but has to be low, right?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
luvdunhill said:

... and if the output coupling capacitor was replaced with a transformer, how much current could flow through the transformer? I was quoted 5mA as a reasonable maximum, so this implies that the DC offset can be greater than negligible but has to be low, right?

lazy americanino :devily:

say that sane output is almost rail to rail , distract few volts here and there :clown:

what is important is that your xformer on output will use only + and - outputs , not necessarily GND ........ and offset between these two outputs is rock stable , when you set it ;

so - your eeeeeeeny weeeeeeeeeeeny dreky xformer will not see any DC voltage or current .

Attachments

• bourges1.jpg
    bourges1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 259
Yes, it's a pity with jewels like the Blads... You can get them really cheap these days, but using them gets harder every day.
I also have more than enough SLR stuff from the analog era I do not really use any more.
But: the recent Nikon DSLRs make me at least somewhat happy (D2Xs on board, D3 to come sooner or later), so the analogues will have to go to the display case (selling doesn't make sense).

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well - my first love was Olympus OM1 .......... then ( funny ;) ) Olympus Pen....... then russki Zenit with Zeiss optic ......... but these days recent film gadgets are so cheap , so I just cannot resist to have few of them;

dreky Fuji 5600 is for zillon/day pics , but EOS3000 with tele was for Squirrels and birds hunting ;)

I'll probably collect few more EOS plain dreks , with various optics , and one day I'll just buy EOS digi body .........

anyway - who mentioned LPs ?

:rofl:

(it's probably time for one more Papalike RIAA ........... )