Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Please stop all that O.T. guys... hehe :D let's get back into battle ...

Anyway, this might be a dumb quistion, but i just got a thought about shortning -out, when not in use, is it ok to short -out to gnd ? or should it just be left 'open' ???

Please bare with me!

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
carpenter said:

Come here, my little puss-'n-boots......:devilr: :devilr: :devilr:

But I digress... which form of transport is my little preamp taking? US postal, UPS, Fed Ex?:)

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

dunno - air mailed from my side......
lemme try track......... ( envelope No. rr120755476rs )

07.11.2007. leave Serbia border .......

because of recent Ragnarok , Serbia isn't in EU , so I can't track it further ....

naah ...... just chill ..... and prepare those F4 pcbs

Thank's man... Actually i just tried it.

If i feed :Pumpkin: with 2vac sine, then 30vac sine come's out unbalanced, with -out 'open'... with -out closed, it spitzz out 45vac sine... that's a big difference...

JUST don't understand why ??? but nevermind... it work's fine.
I make this unbal/bal selector, so that i got possibility to use with other amp's than my F4...

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

Thank's man... Actually i just tried it.

If i feed :Pumpkin: with 2vac sine, then 30vac sine come's out unbalanced, with -out 'open'... with -out closed, it spitzz out 45vac sine... that's a big difference...

JUST don't understand why ??? but nevermind... it work's fine.
I make this unbal/bal selector, so that i got possibility to use with other amp's than my F4...

Jesper.

it's easy to understand - you always need two points to establish any voltage difference ;
with one leg open , you have gnd somewhere, but not really where it need to be ;

when you ground one of outputs ( you know - you can choose which leg you'll ground :devilr: ) you have established both points , needed for current flow......

be careful - using :Pumpkin: with F4 oriented gain setting - with other amps ;)

Zen Mod said:

it's easy to understand - you always need two points to establish any voltage difference ;
with one leg open , you have gnd somewhere, but not really where it need to be ;

when you ground one of outputs ( you know - you can choose which leg you'll ground :devilr: ) you have established both points , needed for current flow......

be careful - using :Pumpkin: with F4 oriented gain setting - with other amps ;)

So, the pumpkin does single-ended out. I thought it might, but forgot where I read, or forgot to ask.

Just remember to ground one of the outputs. Check.

If this is supposed to be an inverting amp, do I gound the negative out?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
carpenter said:

So, the pumpkin does single-ended out. I thought it might, but forgot where I read, or forgot to ask.

Just remember to ground one of the outputs. Check.

If this is supposed to be an inverting amp, do I gound the negative out?

where is the fun if I tell you everything?

:clown:

just imagine xformer instead of :Pumpkin: ; both prim and sec CT-ed .

:rofl:

Woow... ofcause ZenMod... easy to understand, i also know that about floating gnd, but didn't just think of it in this case. I don't know why, but sometimes it's difficult to me to understand thing's in other perspectives than the one's i used to work with...

This is a very good explanation ZenMod, thank you for that.

Jesper.

ZenMod:
be careful - using with F4 oriented gain setting - with other amps

Hmmm... Actually i am having BIG problem driving my LeachAmp with :Pumpkin: ... I must say that i never tried it before i attached my inputselector... hmmm donno right if that's the problem ... will learn more next few day's i guess ... it's irritating but fun too ;) ....

I attached my LeachAmp... and the inputselector/pumpkin is a GIANT disortion machine.... GREEEAT hummming reallly great! :)

I haven't yet tried the :Pumpkin: with my dreky inputselector and my F4... btw.

Will tell, about problem in few day''s...

Carpenter:
But what trips me up is which secondary tap to use if I want inverting. We've got + and - inputs and probably only want a + out relative to ground. I think. So my mind tells me to ground the negative tap.

I am pretty sure, it dosent matter... but anyway i would choose to gnd the -out...

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Zen Mod said:

where is the fun if I tell you everything?

just imagine xformer instead of :Pumpkin: ; both prim and sec CT-ed .

:rofl:

carpenter said:

Yes, that's a great analogy.

But what trips me up is which secondary tap to use if I want inverting. We've got + and - inputs and probably only want a + out relative to ground. I think. So my mind tells me to ground the negative tap.

take literally what I wrote ;

if you want absolute phase in puritan way then ground + output and use - as main one .

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:
Sasha,
I wan't some of these hudgely hugly pcbs too.
Excitement not any more under control.
Pada li snijeg un srbiji like in Betsch?

Monkey face

it stopped in late afternoon ......... hehe

pada li snijeg in Betsch like in Batsch ......... ?

seems tha now it started again, but slowly ..........

today I Skyped a little with my friend AR2 in SF ........ he told me that he didn't saw snow in 7 or 8 years ......

your package will be sent tomorrow.....