Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

um. I think my darlington parts are okay and things are properly installed on the heatsink. I just put a single fuse in the positive rail and powered it up and only had a few volts on output (and before the fuse for that matter) and the rest of the voltage was before the fuse on the second rail. So, I wasn't sure if I need to put both fuses in to test :) So, yes either it is malfunctioning, or the operator is malfunctioning :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
luvdunhill said:
um. I think my darlington parts are okay and things are properly installed on the heatsink. I just put a single fuse in the positive rail and powered it up and only had a few volts on output (and before the fuse for that matter) and the rest of the voltage was before the fuse on the second rail. So, I wasn't sure if I need to put both fuses in to test :) So, yes either it is malfunctioning, or the operator is malfunctioning :)

dunno what's happening ;

mail me directly >choky@neobee.net<

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
luvdunhill said:
yay, both Shuntys work! now, onto the Pumpkins.. Can I plug them in and adjust them without a pot? I've had balanced amps that you have to adjust things with the pot turned down, or ground the inputs, so I wasn't sure if that applied here or not.

:rofl:

ya can read Cook Book ?

anyway - if you don't wanna to use pot for now , just short inputs .

:clown:

well... both Pumpkin's work too! I added some pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/luvdunhill/Pumpkin

no bypasses yet, I'm hoping to complete the Russian theme with some green polystyrenes, but need to figure out what fits. I figure it can wait and taste to suit.

now to start case and extra electronics for the Pumpkin and finish F4..

I will re read the cookbook, don't worry. I need to figure out how to ground everything in the case as well, and I bet the answer is there.

manu:

yes, very happy!! How many Big Macs should I send? Seriously, we need to settle up :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
this good ?

Attachments

• ppp.jpg
    ppp.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 470
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:
Thanks Zen.

Very nice Plan.

You know that proper ground wiring is always major concern for me.

Marc : Yes, indeed, I ll send a pm today this evening ... Sorry I completely forgot :smash:

Manu

your ONO wired good ?

no hum , haroomph , hiss ,swush , whistle ?

this thread is probably more appropriate than "........Ono, yes , oh , no ...."

Joined 2006
Paid Member
luvdunhill said:
well... both Pumpkin's work too! I added some pictures here:

[
manu:

yes, very happy!! How many Big Macs should I send? Seriously, we need to settle up :)

Nice pictures Luvdunhill. Looks like your running default gain....

I think the Big Mac's will do fine shipping.
In college, I once left my car in storage for the winter.

Cleaning it out in spring, I found a half-eaten Big mac in the back seat. Didn't look more than hour or two old. Lettuce was still green. Couldn't have been that cold. Scary.

Mike

:gasp:

Zen Mod said:

your ONO wired good ?
no hum , haroomph , hiss ,swush , whistle ?

Not bad. As Thel drekk is already humming (I didn't made mods yet) I can not say. But ONO obviously don't contribute to hum.... Still have to make proper rear plate though.
Then we will see/hear
If it buzz, I ll buzz anyway ... as usual... :rofl:

this thread is probably more appropriate than "........Ono, yes , oh , no ...."

:devilr:

Manu