PCB manufacturers with heavy copper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stefanoo, FR is just a standard for flame retarding, there are AFAIK no electrical requirements defined. You could go for Teflon as pcb material as some people prefer (as John Curl does if I remember correctly).

Honestly you're out of luck. For tiny orders you don't have much choice. And for sure I don't know any pcb-house that does Teflon boards for tiny orders.

Of course you can buy Teflon-boards and etch yourself.

Better don't worry too much about the pcb-quality. You can loose more by doing a suboptimal pcb-layout.

Have fun, Hannes

EDIT: oh and don't forget, heavy copper is also harder to solder.

http://www.contag.de (sorry, site only in german language) can do 3oz. and offer Rogers3003 "teflon" substrate as additional options. Usually they will be fine with any small volume order (but it won't be cheap) as they are somewhat specialized on prototype boards/orders. I personally haven't ordered teflon boards yet, so take info with caution.

- Klaus

Stefanoo.

Most places, if not all will do 2oz.

However there is another way.

Provided that your board is not to complex, just grab a soldering iron, ans start tinning the board manually.

Keep feeding the solder, and after a few passes, you will have very thick tracks.

OK, it may not look very pretty, but it will definately work.

If you make you own PCB's, 2 oz is readily available from Kinsten, who make pre-sensitised PCB's.

I reckon this may be the cheapest way out.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Regards

George.

Thank you very much for your info.
I haven't found any 2oz presensitised board available as online till you've brought this up to my attention.
Unfortunately is just a single side board and i would like to have a double side.
I would say that, the only disadvantage of etching your own board is that even the signal tracks get corroded somehow during the etching process and instead of having, for example 1oz signal track you wnd up having 0.9oz, maybe!

Thank you for your advice anyway.

If you know any place where to get a 2 sides 2oz presensitised board, it would be great!

Attachments

• 70um.jpg
    70um.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 147
jacco vermeulen said:

$115 for 1 blank prototype presensitised board?

crazy!
:smash:

it is a bit too expensive considering that to get the right exposure time it takes a couple of tests and thus i will need 2 of them = $230 and even so they only have one piece left.
With the amount at pcb cart (having paid the fee for the first board) i get almost 6 150x350mm 4oz gold finishing board (i don't know if the price i quoted online is corrected though...it seems to be way lower of other market places - they quoted about $40 per piece)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.