X150.5 for Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Looking to add a power amp to my system to drive my Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home.

Pre will be using the pre-out of my Plinius 8100 int amp. A dedicated pre will be next in the shopping list...

Music genre:mostly jazz, vocal

Do you think the X150.5 will be a good match with my speakers?

Thanks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I see holes .......

:clown:

Attachments

• holes.jpg
    holes.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 410
And perhaps we should answer the original question...

Do you think the X150.5 will be a good match with my speakers?

If I got it right by searching, the speakers are electrically:
Sensitivity: 90dB/2.83V at 1 meter
Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms

This won't be a problem for the X150.5 to drive them.
When it comes to sound, me personally believe it can't go wrong with a Pass amplifier.

An interesting thing is that it has 30 dB gain. For me it is sometimes a problem to play music quietly.

Thanks for all replies.

gain of 30 dB is using the XLR or RCA?

I did a google on Gain:
The gain of an amplifier is the ratio of output to input power or amplitude, and is usually measured in decibels. (When measured in decibels it is logarithmically related to the power ratio: G(dB)=10 log(Pout/Pin)).

ermmm... in layman term, to play music quietly the gain should be as high or as low as possible?

Thanks

Audio_se said:

An interesting thing is that it has 30 dB gain. For me it is sometimes a problem to play music quietly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.