Aleph XA100.5 specifications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys i was just trying to figure out something about the XA100.5

I think it has 40 output complementary matched devices.
How's the bias setting for each device?
Accordingly with the specifications, it achieves 100pcw @ 8ohm and 200pwc @ 4ohm.

...just guessing... this would suggest about 10W of dissipation per devices which would take up to a total dissipation of 400W on each monoblock .....

am I saying right?

If so...why would bother for so many devices at the output biased rather that lesser but higher biased?
less devices would help the front end that would drive it better and thus distortion would be lowered and yet bandwidth widen, am I right?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Stefanoo said:
Hey guys i was just trying to figure out something about the XA100.5

Accordingly with the specifications, it achieves 100pcw @ 8ohm and 200pwc @ 4ohm.

...just guessing... this would suggest about 10W of dissipation per devices which would take up to a total dissipation of 400W on each monoblock .....

am I saying right?

If so...why would bother for so many devices at the output biased rather that lesser but higher biased?
less devices would help the front end that would drive it better and thus distortion would be lowered and yet bandwidth widen, am I right?

if you go to few X threads - you'll have few weeks of fun reading and learning ;

everything is there

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Stefanoo said:
alright....i mean.....is it that big of a deal to straight answer?

:eek: :D :dodgy:

you are always thinking in high range , and demand that someone else tells you few short and sweet sentences , which meaning is in fact in low range ;

think about xconductance , output impedance , also that .5 front end isn't weak jobbie , but have enough muscles to drive even bigger X amps .

to ask questions like these - you need to collect crumbs in mentioned threads - what is overall construction of .5 amps , how's made front end , what's topology and how is biased output stage .

when you know that , questions you asked will be answered by self , and of less importance then some other things ........

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Stefanoo said:
i was just trying to figure out something about the XA100.5

less devices would help the front end that would drive it better and thus distortion would be lowered and yet bandwidth widen?

The idle dissipation for the devices in the XA100.5 is about 7
watts each.

There are always tradeoffs for the number of devices vs
bandwidth, but because the bulk of the capacitance is Cgs
and because the need to charge Cgs is a function of the output
current divided by net transconductance, we see that for
parallel devices there is quite a bit of cancellation, and the
charge needed does not vary proportionally at all.

At the same time, there is an advantage to parallel devices in
terms of thermal stability, reliability, and the ability to deliver
large amounts of current on demand.

Reactions: 1 user
Zen Mod said:

you are always thinking in high range , and demand that someone else tells you few short and sweet sentences , which meaning is in fact in low range ;

think about xconductance , output impedance , also that .5 front end isn't weak jobbie , but have enough muscles to drive even bigger X amps .

to ask questions like these - you need to collect crumbs in mentioned threads - what is overall construction of .5 amps , how's made front end , what's topology and how is biased output stage .

when you know that , questions you asked will be answered by self , and of less importance then some other things ........

i don't demand anything, from anybody right?
Why don't you relax....enjoy your life.....think simple and thus live well and what's more important let others be!

:bigeyes: ;) :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.