V2 bridged question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I intend to build a set of ZenV2 bridged ,and want to use heat
sinks that usually are ok for a single chip 20volt ( D-S ) and 2 amp .

Zen V4 sets its minimun current at 1,3 Amp . Is a V2 bridged capable of reasonable good performance if I go down to 1 amp par halve and 40 volts rail ?
That would be to mount 2 chips in one heat sink ... Fostex and Jordan as drivers .

Thanks

Am I expectin different distorsion quality between Bridged and Paralleled amps ? 3rd vers 2nd for example ? or the 3rd is typical by different pair tipology ?

My interest is to have the 2nd armonic cancelation for why I want to go balanced , but of course limiting the bias too much will mismatch the effect I believe ...

stefanobilliani said:
My interest is to have the 2nd harmonic cancellation for why I want to go balanced , but of course limiting the bias too much will mismatch the effect I believe ...

If your goal is not to increase power, (you won't need much voltage swing if you have Fostexes) , then lower power supply voltages. Go down to around 30 V, or even 25-28, but keep the current to at least 2 amps per device...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.