The real definition for Supersymmetry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently built GL's mosfet version of the XA100, mine is set up for 140w/ch and I am a regular reader of his thread. However on a long flight back from Istanbul to NYC, I was reading a book called the "Endless Universe" by Paul Steinhardt (Albert Einstein professor at Princeton Univ) and Niel Turok (Chair of Mathematical Physics at Cambridge University). Their definition of Supersymetery is worth sharing with My fellow Pass labs enthusiasts!

Supersymetry (a.k.a. SUSY): a proposed extension of Einstein's theory of special relativity with added relations between space and time (for your x.5 amps and time to listen) that imply a symmetry between matter particles and force fields (speakers and output devices). This essential mathematical element of string theory cancels some infinities (builders stress) commonly encountered in string theory and enhances the simplicity (2 stage class A) and unity of a theory by relating matter particles and force fields.

Wow-after three glasses of wine on the plane I still couldn't figure out whether my electrons are working properly. But wanted to thank Nelson for his continued support of us DIY"ers.

I couldn't pass (no pun intended) up sharing this. I am going to build the F-5 amps that Nelson described in the recent Audioxpress article for my planned home theater center and rear channels.

By the way the book is a discussion about the Big Bang and the start of the Universe. Their new theory is that there will be many big bangs to come.

NP-congrats and continued thanks, dave

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This is what John Horgan calls "post empirical ironic science".
He wrote an excellent book "The End of Science" which is a
great series of interviews with leading scientists and philosophers,
and he gives about the best coverage of the state of things,
including lucid explanations of the various viewpoints. It's also
pretty funny at points.

It's particularly interesting because much of it relates to issues that
vex people trying to reconcile audio measurements to subjective
perception.

jacco vermeulen said:
Only problem is that the vexed ones will likely not read it.

Even If they do, they will feel even more vexed. :D

I just read the summary of Horgan's book, and , uh, I feel vexed. There are less chances for a perfect amplifier than I had hoped. Sigh...

So, we should enjoy the journey and have fun :clown: :cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• dovidjen.jpg
    dovidjen.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 343
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.