Need matched IRFP240's, IRFP9240's, 2SK370's... Or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My F4 adventure goes on... After solving the heatsinks issue, next thing I'm in trouble with is the gain devices.

The First Watt F4 sports 3 IRFP240, 3 IRFP9240 and 2 2SK370 per channel. Now... I don't really know if I need matched devices, nor which ones must be matched together.

While looking for them on MOUSER and Farnell, I also discovered that the price isn't so popular after all... 2-4 USD per device, it becomes not-so-cheap when you have to buy a lot to match 'em. I really need some advice, here. I also would be willing to buy them from some of you guys, if you have the matched devices I need.

Both explanations about what I need, what to be matched, and any kind of offerings, are truly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Giacomo

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Here's a tip:

Ask the moderators to collect all your F4 build posts into a single thread and have it titled "My F4 build thread" or something like that. This way, all your related questions can be directed in that single thread instead of opening a new thread for each of your questions.

Since you need to click and acknowledge you searched before posting, I suggest you also abide by that instead of just clicking it to get your thread posted. Matched devices questions come up very frequently and there are numerous members who offer device matching in Europe as well as North America.

Best wishes with your build and despite what I say above, don't be shy about asking questions ... just do it in an organized way and you'll find more than enough help

Thank you twichie, the point is that everything started with the idea of "evaluating" the situation, then it became an actual work, and I have fragmented the various phases in these almost-useless threads. I sure do some research, usually, but this time I felt that my question of the three different devices would have been a bit "particular"... Forgetting that many F4-builders could have had the exact same idea before.

My apologizes for that.

I'll now check that thread, thank you again.

Giacomo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.