another local NS10 & Shiny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
result of one "for greenhorns" project on local (Serbian) fifi forum

Threshold NS 10 for dummies

you know few gents ( :rofl: ) involved ...... their names are written in bottom

Attachments

• ns10-clone-finall.gif
    ns10-clone-finall.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 3,249
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:
I see these guys in Serbia are having a lot of fun with the NS10.
More than 680 posts in three months!!! :bigeyes:

yeah ;
fun , chit-chat , whatever .........

you know - typical greenhorn "splittin' the hair" approach , but I can bet that few of them learned something ;)

borko tried NS10 (finally , just because he drew pcbs) , and revert it to jfet input instantly ;

Shiny is sorta "back of napkin" quickie , but good for task .

bogdan_borko said:
Shiny is a shunt regulator :
Schematic by ZenMod and pcb-design by me (Borko).
Here`s a picture:

Hi Borko

Nice meeting you here. I admire Shiny is a great shunt regulator but my query is the +24V connected to ground and where is the J1 should be connected to? I would be happy if you can give me the answers and if possible post the pcb layout since I am interesting in this regulator and I am going to build it along with the NS10 Pre-amp.

Thanks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
HKC said:

Hi Borko

Nice meeting you here. I admire Shiny is a great shunt regulator but my query is the +24V connected to ground and where is the J1 should be connected to? I would be happy if you can give me the answers and if possible post the pcb layout since I am interesting in this regulator and I am going to build it along with the NS10 Pre-amp.

Thanks

easier to see now?

:clown:

J1 is either for shorting jumper or if you go nutz and want to connect choke there

Attachments

• the-shiney-01.gif
    the-shiney-01.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,239
Zen Mod said:

I could say - good enough for line stage (maybe even better than that) :clown:

needless to mention, it's sufficient for the application.

I'm only interested in two things, let's see if you can guess what they are ....

!stop, wrong plot!

... I'm only interested in the numbers if you have them, though It will be very dependent of the actual leds, since their noise figures vary widely.
thanks,
Rüdiger

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Onvinyl said:

needless to mention, it's sufficient for the application.

I'm only interested in two things, let's see if you can guess what they are ....

!stop, wrong plot!

... I'm only interested in the numbers if you have them, though It will be very dependent of the actual leds, since their noise figures vary widely.
thanks,
Rüdiger

well - I didn't measured it , but - If my memory isn't shot , Borko simulate da thing , during pcb construction .......

(don't tell anyone - I even didn't build exact circuit ;) )

anyway - once in a time I made similar thing for "original" NS10 thread here , and I prefer led reference to TL431 or zenner one ;

frankly - I didn't tried then (my fave now) LM336-Zx reference ;

maybe I will some day .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.