Any F4 PCBs left for a new wanna-build-one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...Just as the subject says... I live in Italy and I'd like to build a First Watt F4.

Sure I could wire in air with some CAT5, but Peter Daniel's PCBs are so nice...

Anyone has some spares to sell me? I need the material for one amp, then two channels and a power supply.

Thank you.
Giacomo

Thank you Ed, but if I cannot find any I think I'll proceed with CAT5 solid-core wire and my "old" dear...Hands :)

That's cheaper than going to someone to do the PCB job for me.

Peter Daniel used to offer his boards at a very interesting $12+$16 price inc. shipping, and that was just a great compromise between costs and effects.

Thank you however, I appreciate your help. :)

Regards,
Giacomo

I was the one who misunderstood you, then :D

I'm finding your website very useful, I'm sure I'll have some questions for you... You know, this is my first time with a solid-state build, hence some doubts about cooling, mounting, and so on.

I start with a couple questions: what about those nice heatsinks you used? I read they come from Conrad, I would be happy to buy the same ones too, may I know their name and dimensions?

And about sticking FETs on 'em: is there a need of some kind of insulator between the devices and the heatsinks?

Thank you!
Giacomo

for F4 with Peter Daniel's boards I used MF30-151.5

If using my matrix board layout I would recommend using
MF30-2F-151.5 ....... The matrix board layout lends itself to using the heatsinks with flanges sticking out.......

The FETS must be electrically isolated from the heatsinks..I use silpads because they are convenient and I've never had any problems with them..Others prefer the messy grease method.

Ed

Hello Ed, I want to thank you for your help and show you what I ended up with. Being the shipping from Australia a shot in my head, I finally had some luck near home, and found these nice beasts:

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/8620/heatsinks1rv6.jpg

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6868/heatsinks3ne5.jpg

300*240*40 mm, I'm sure they'll be more than fine to the F4.

About MOSFET coupling/insulation to the heatsink, I was given a pair of strips of a strange brownish thing; they told me that it's great stuff, both insulating and thermal-coupling. Simply cut it and put the device on it, no glue nor sticking nor anything.

Thank you again ;)

Giacomo

I'm so sorry, but they're not on sale... I wouldn't have been allowed into that place (which isn't for private customers), if the boss didn't recognize me as a "young builder who must be helped", he said.

They took me into a magazine and I paid these two as much as the company itself paid them years ago... They were collectin' dust.

You see, it's all about luck, they wouldn't allow everyone in there and they certainly wouldn't ship to anyone. I'm sorry.

Giacomo

P.S.: Indeed they are fantastic, as you can see they're also lapped on the planar side. They're a bit huge for the F4 specs, but I definitely don't want to cut them... Maybe one day I could need their full potential.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.