F5 article is out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Snail Mail

Well I too finally got my copy of AxP. It seems to take a little longer for things to make to the west coast of Canada.

I spent last night studying the article for the first time. I really like the way Nelson wrote the piece. He used a style that presents things in a bit of a matter of fact format and the thoughts flow together very well.
Thanks very much to Nelson.

Now to work on understanding the details and gathering parts.

Another fun adventure

Manu said:
Not to forget the jammies-pic ... essential.
:clown:

I like this picture better
nelson_601.jpg

I guess the beard has been a long time feature.

Slug

Stefano,

8mA * 24V ~200mW, the maximum dissipation the J108/K370 can manage.(without a heatsink hat)
The J74/J108 only handle 25V Max, P-channel JFETs are the common limiting factor (though the Jammie master said they can take more in practice)

There's little point in adding output devices without higher rail voltages.
Balanced operation is a possible option, and already mentioned several times in the F5 thread.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
by cleverly proposing a visit when Jason, the mysterious person who started this silly place was visiting me, I got to visit the pirate room

This is Jason threatening Nelson with a Kung Fu move or maybe I just have forgotten what was happening.. Nelson looks properly terrified. Note the bench in the back- the famous "kitchen table" of First Watt.

Attachments

• nelson kung fu.jpg
    nelson kung fu.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,531
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.