F5 article is out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The Pirate Room, and Nelson, the vicious dog (ZM's brother) and myself. Nice wine I was forced to drink! Count the amps just left around! the real rack is off to the right, you can see part of it..

That's a copy of Weird Science comics on the upper left on top of the bookcase

Attachments

• good dog.jpg
    good dog.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,256
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:
by cleverly proposing a visit when Jason, the mysterious person who started this silly place was visiting me, I got to visit the pirate room

This is Jason threatening Nelson with a Kung Fu move or maybe I just have forgotten what was happening.. Nelson looks properly terrified. Not the bench in the back- the famous "kitchen table" of First Watt.

gimme higher res - I wanna see pic on that scope ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
Can't we at least keep a picture of the other bird ?

Most beautiful hood ornament ever, appropiately called the "Bird Eagle"
(BowTie rules the Hood as well: Lookie Here )

naah ......

I didn't realized that picture can be un-appropriate ........

anyway - she is not naked now ;)

even if disc isn't played :rofl:

Attachments

• bck.jpg
    bck.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,326
Thank god for modern cars. No hood ornaments. It'd be impossible to survive being flipped over the hood of one of those cars, you'd be cut wide open from neck to crotch. With a blunt instrument, no less. Very messy.

To keep on subject, I just came be back from the book store, I bought the rag with the article. An absolute rarity for me. I was curious. Obviously (And I know nothing but the looking at the circuit in the article) that it should be Mills Wirewound for the 3W resistor. There are other ways to do it, but that might be the best financial choice as well as for it's own reasons.

BTW, I'm a Huge Tesla/Russel/Keely/Shauberger/etc fan...so the 'The Quiet Earth' Poster did not escape my attention. Bruno was awesome in that film. One of my top 10 films, and I've seen, oh, well over 5000 films.

Edt: 5 and 10 watt mills would likely be judged to 'sound better'. Maybe. Depends on construction.

That's not the final finished circuit that was published in the 'xpress mag.

IIRC, it is an acknowledged error, both should read 600(?) Ohms.

Hack that I am, Even I can make some sort of cranial sense out of this puppy.

Thanks for the simple one, Nelson. I can visualize this one in a single shot. Not that I've spent much time at doing such things, though.

I'm a 'flow' kinda guy, and this one's got flow. I'm into more fundamental issues than circuitry, in general, as it seems simpler to me. Fix it all on the most base level possible....and the rest just follows, like open doors with no more keys required, as the keys and doors were only there due to not knowing the master points.

Maybe it's just me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.