zen #9 WIP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"In the beggining was BoZ"

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

There aren't so much components on it, but i solder only the components that i already had at home.

Today i made an order from digikey with the rest of components.

And a little question: if I get a longer cable between IRFP240 pins and PCB can i affect performances ?

OK... perfect

but now i have another problem:

today i test the PSU board for BOZ.

i supply that with a 220V - 60V trasformer.

after the bridge and the C1 (filter cap) i have 86V.. and that's OK ! but, at the output of the psu i have only 48V... instead of 60V.

i checked the connections and they seems ok.

Attached you found the PCB that i used. anyone has idea ??

i never understand the polarity of the zeners. how i have to mount on this pcb ? i put them with stripe on the BASE pin of the TIP29. And also, i used the TIP29CFS instead the TIP29CGE, there are differences ?

Attachments

• boz_psu_pcb.pdf
    10.3 KB · Views: 73
BOZ TEST FINISHED!

Hi guys,
today i've tested (thanks to the Magura's Resistors) the Bride of Zen.

this is a photo of TEST-SETUP :D (my desk is so crowded).

I've listened trough earphones and HE sounds embarassing well...
The input / output cap is a shitty things. how is the best in this kind of application ?

But now, i've at least one doubt, it's important to match the IRFs ? For what bias current ?

Thanks to anyone who are supporting me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.