zen #9 WIP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI !

this is my progressions in building Zen #9.

The pcb was printed from the PDDA pcb's.

Here how they look:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

There missing some components :cannotbe:

And i have a question about the "C6" cap on the attached schematic file.
Does this kind of cap fit well ? it's the right type ? (i used a 63V, but a 100V is reccomended):

i've installed under the pcb, there:
:whazzat:

thanks for support !
Michele

the construction in going on slowly but today, I received a gift from italsistemi.

Look there and say Wow :D

this is the 2 x 300VA toroid for left and right monoblocks. The smaller one is the 50VA for the BoZ that i'm building parallely.

In detail, they attached to surround of toroid a tin metal slice for reducing electromagnetic emissions:

Now i have to find money to complete tasks (i'm a poor diyer :D). This project had k'napped me.

ok...

for who wants to help me in finishing the amp.

THE MAGIC LIST IS:

8x 10000uf 63V electrolytics cap (for PSU)
2x 9.09K 1/4w res (possibly metal film)
2x 47.5K 1/4W res (possibly metal film)
2x 33.2k 1/4W res (possibly metal film)
2x 0.47K 3W res (possibily METAL OXIDE)

and... the heart: 2x lu1014D (also not matched).

For the pre i need all the resistors and 2x irf610 with mounting hole (my version, is withouth mounting hole).

Thanks to anyone wants support the project !

gionag said:
ok...

for who wants to help me in finishing the amp.

THE MAGIC LIST IS:

8x 10000uf 63V electrolytics cap (for PSU)
2x 9.09K 1/4w res (possibly metal film)
2x 47.5K 1/4W res (possibly metal film)
2x 33.2k 1/4W res (possibly metal film)
2x 0.47K 3W res (possibily METAL OXIDE)

and... the heart: 2x lu1014D (also not matched).

For the pre i need all the resistors and 2x irf610 with mounting hole (my version, is withouth mounting hole).

Thanks to anyone wants support the project !

I can furnish the two power jfets and some IRF510 for the preamp. I also have .5ohm dale 5watt wirewounds or .4ohm same . Either could be used. Also have some LARGE sinks but shipping would be prohibitive I.m sure.

sandstorm33 said:

I can furnish the two power jfets and some IRF510 for the preamp. I also have .5ohm dale 5watt wirewounds or .4ohm same . Either could be used. Also have some LARGE sinks but shipping would be prohibitive I.m sure.

Fantastic... how many lu1014 do you have ?

for the pre i heard is better the irf610 rather than 510.

For resistor i'll wait an upcoming order from my friend from digikey.

For pricing send me a pm :D

thanks

gionag said:

Fantastic... how many lu1014 do you have ?

for the pre i heard is better the irf610 rather than 510.

For resistor i'll wait an upcoming order from my friend from digikey.

For pricing send me a pm :D

thanks

For this application, there is no need for metal oxide resistors.

You will also find that IRF510 performs just as wll as IRF610.

The LU1014 you can have from me, as I have "the other half" of matched pairs laying around.

The other resistors you can also have from me.

Magura :)

EDIT: So just be quick and accept Sandstorms generous offer ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.