aleph L+aleph 3+aleph 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What sort of filter are you using and is it before or after the amp(s)? Assuming the filter to come before the amp (by far the most common arrangement, though I've known one or two people to try the filters afterwards), the impedance presented by the filter itself is the issue. One you get beyond the pass band, the rolloff presents an increasing impedance to the preamp. For example, if you have a 2kHz high pass filter for your midrange and tweeter, 100Hz signals find a pretty high impedance (how high depends on the filter and questions such as what the crossover slope is).

Grey

I'm not doing this by myself (I'm not even able to solder :)),
But the cross is about 1000hz (Tannoy custom with hpd 12") and the technician said he will put the simple filter before the left channels of the amps(the right ones will remain full range for woofers) , maybe before the left outputs of the preamp.
I'm not able to explain the thing better than this,excuse me.
Regards.
Stefano

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.