X350.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all:

I'm curious to know whats the power transformer size in VA and total capacitance in mfd in the X.350.5 amp? I'm led to believe these figures are the same for a single X600.5 monoblock as the amps are essentially the same circuit.

Cheers!
Arup

Hello Mr. Pass

Frankly I didn't expect to receive a reply from you. However, I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

One thing though - you didn't mention the size in VA of the transformer and neither the total cap in mfd. Will appreciate very much if you would be kind enough to let me know.

Also, for B&W 802, would you recommend the X350.5 or do to reckon one of the XA.5 series would be better? My room's (14ft wide x 17ft long) and I like my music at reasonably realistic levels, not too loud but neither too low either. Please don't say move up the ladder & get the X600.5 as its pretty much out-of-my-budget and very much my dream machine!! Moreover, for practical adaptability - at 550 watts idling a pc, it would raise the ambient temp of the listening room here in India where due to global warming almost 8-9 months a year are actually intense summer.

Once again - my appreciation for taking the time to look through.

Best regards
Arup

It draws a few watts in stand-by, 4.5 amps (120v) at idle,
and the maximum output is 350 watts into 8 ohms. Maximum
current is 20 amps, so you can use that to think about peak
power figures into lower impedances.

:cool:

Hi Mr. Pass,

I am taking over a Pass Lab 350.5 amp from relative in Hong Kong, and his set is set at 220V.

As I am located in Singapore which uses 220-240V.
Will this going to be a problem or eventually cause any premature wear of the transformer if I use it in Singapore?

Will I need to get the local Pass Lab service center to convert the unit to 240V to cover the possible voltage swing in Singapore. I understands most of the time the voltage rating in Singapore is around 230V plus/minus.

Looking forward to receive your advise.:)

Best regards
epoh

As I recall the actual transformer tap is 230. The 5% variation
on either side do not significantly affect the performance, and
there is no need to change anything.

:cool:

Thank you for the reply.

One the back of the 350.5, there is voltages for 100V,120V,220V,240V.
Can you advise what will be the difference for the internal(i.e. transformer etc) for models between actual 220V vs. 240V units?

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.