F5 power amplifier

I'm sorry, I was trying to help.

60 seconds?

"A rough estimate for the diode bridge power dissipation would be 3 times load current times 0.75V per diode per channel. Factor of three needed because we have to correct for the non-sinusoidal current through the transformer secondary."

Roughly a minute, more or less.

Remember now why I hadn't been active here for the last 7 years...

hey guys , < newbie at electronics here , but learning . i'm gathering the stuff for my f5 and really want a front switch and want it to be attractive .

i've read about others using this switch BULGIN|MP0045/1E2BL012|SWITCH, PUSHBUTTON, DPDT-2CO, | Newark.com rated at 3a @250v , which i'd really like to use , but wondering if it might be marginal if even acceptable to direct switch the ac for an f5 .

thanx in advance

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Lots of European companies do this (Ayon comes to mind), the trick is to mount it sideways. It anyway needs just one finger :)

I put mine on the backplate. Just leave it on all the time, and switch it from the mains outlet. Some of my P2P ones don't even have a switch.

The trouble with a switch on the front plate is that either you have to have a thin plate, or recess the mount so the switch will actually clip correctly. I tried valiantly and then decided to move it to the back.

Some amps have a retro-style rotary power switch. That's really cool too.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
great looking toroids :)

anyone like the idea of a new F5 thread

F5, parts only ?

maybe someone else want to jumpstart it ?

Attachments

• IMG_2344 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2344 (Large).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_2355 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2355 (Large).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 566
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
how to choose the right pieces would be really beneficial - is that what you had in mind?

yes, and no

I had a more "casual" and relaxed thread in mind
just members talking parts, and showing some, pictures, etc

in between there could be more specific questions about parts

more specific, as to what are "the right" parts, no probably not
anything but that