F5 power amplifier

i know you are helping me, But i want a simple single layer pcb layout of at least 3 pairs of trannies. double layer will be a bit difficult for me as double side pcb not available here only single side.
If i want double side i have to travel 60 kms . If no option then i will make a double side version.
Also ther are so many versions i am a bit confused. i need output of 200 watts at 8 ohms.

Why not just go for 12,000 watts? Solid silver wound transformers all in a case carved out of a 400 lb billet of solid gold encrusted with diamonds and rubies and sapphires?

Do you think this forum is a genie in a bottle? How about building the original circuit first before you dream up something you'll never finish?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Do you think this forum is a genie in a bottle? How about building the original circuit first before you dream up something you'll never finish?

I agree wholeheartedly.

The F5 is universally loved by those who build it. You really should build one 'stock' and see how wonderful it is.

If you need more power, just build more and bi-amp or run monoblocks. There are a number of people who have done that to great success.

If you need more power, just build more and bi-amp or ....

Or in parallel And bridged.

Like for example this critter : http://electronics-diy.com/pdf/Sony_TA-NR1.pdf
The later edition TA-NR10 is basically the same, but an All-FET model, with one-off J201/K1530 output devices (2 times 5 pairs in each monaural amp)
Take my word that a parallel/bridged F5 doesn't sound inferior to a bridged TA-NR10 setup

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Guys i searched a lot , but not able to find pcb layout of krell ksa 100 can any one help.
I got pcb layout of krell ksa 50 but no component layout.

I think its a project for the experienced, and not a beginners thing

I suppose its pretty hot where you live
If so I wouldnt build classA
small one, maybe
but big one, no

for a first project I would not suggest amps with multiple matched outputs
in your own interest, find yourself a nice simple amp to build, to start with

if you hope to build a top grade amp there are a few things you need to learn first
its not something that happens in the first try

Guys i searched a lot , but not able to find pcb layout of krell ksa 100 can any one help.
I got pcb layout of krell ksa 50 but no component layout.

Viki,

This section of the forum is for discussing Pass amps and in particular F5 amp. For your queries and help regarding Krell and other such amps, you need to post in the solid-state section. You are only going to **** off people here, by continuously asking questions which this section does not address normally.

My request therefore is to do research and post if any queries in other relevant sections of DIYA.

Cheers.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
very sorry for annoying you guys,
I got some helping ans here so kept on asking.

keep up the good work
Bye

It would have been of great help.

the point is, it will be a complete mess if we go too much off topic

members come to F5 thread to debate F5, and not something completely different

ask your questions in appropriate threads, and you will get proper answers

wish you luck

:cop:
moderation

Now this is clear, what about the matching story? I understood that the 5 ohm give an asymmetry to the circuit to compensate the difference of the devices. Then, how to choose them ?

Thanks,

D.

Hi,
If you are planning on doing the 5ohm degeneration trick you need:
1) N-P matched mosfets for each channel.
2) 2SJ74 with an Idss about 1mA more than 2SK170
3) either add 5ohm resistor between the 2SJ74 source pin and the feedback node, or replace R with 15ohm and feedback of 75ohm.

All three steps are required.