F5 power amplifier

Hey chchyong89,

Nice heatpipes. I don't have any experience with those. But, I have a question -- do you have them upside down in your pic? Don't they need to have the fins on top? I may be wrong here. But, I thought that there is a liquid inside the pipes which changes state and goes to a gas when it heats. The gas then moves up toward the fins and cools back into a liquid and falls back down toward the device and repeats the cycle. Isn't that how they are supposed to function? Or, am I incorrect here?

Thanks,
Steve

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

From PSU
Green +24
Yellow -24
Black G

at last, i manage to make it almost zero hum(at least i cant hear anything even i put my ears near to the drivers) with above connections. The picture might too blur to read, but just for simple reference. Thanks andrewT, thanks all. Appreciate yours helps.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
:checked::)

alternative could be this 5w foil resistor, and cheap too, values from 0R1-1R0

Attachments

• resistor foil schuro.jpg
    resistor foil schuro.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 479
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
but overkill.

_-_-bear

Good :D

Another thing

Looking at Panasonic supply caps I find that there are some nice ones with higher capacity and low ESR like say 20milli ohm

But some of them have much higher ESR, even in the same range and quality
Maybe they are designed for different application

I wonder if all builders are aware of that
I reckon the higher ESR could result in caps getting quite warm, or ?
:confused:

Ive used in parallel 11 Mallory 6400 uF 60 vot 45x80mm they not quite fitting for this circuit but they give a nice tone and detail etc to the amp in front of them i have 4 10.000 in serial with ov to earth on them. small caps I suspect have better ESR but using what i had still have 30 6400uF if any one what some ?
NOS. I cant even use them for door stoppers they just roll away.