F5 power amplifier

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I dont know
But last time I looked it seemed ground is almost single point ground
It seemed to me like added coupling caps would mess it up

Not sure, but I dont think Nelson have left out coupling caps because he dont like them
Maybe they will just disturb the curcuit
Well, Im just guessing

Anyway Bobo, this could bring loop ground problems, not to the problem that I have. Hope..:scratch:
The only difference in the actual schematic, is that I am using IPFP140 IRFP9140N, but I have already used this couple in the other project, and they seems to work enough well togeather, clipping both at 36V

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Ehh, I will try
Your "filter" el-caps are auxilary supply caps
The film caps are supposed to improve high frequency, smoothing any remaining high frequency ripple
Accurate size should be determined by a scope
Using a wrong size may screw up things even worse than with no cap added
I never liked them, others think they have to be there

Filter/coupling caps on sensible curcuits to cure high frequency stability problems is a different matter
Mostly in the "pf" range

Doesnt matter
The point is that you are creating ground connection thats not supposed to be there from start

R21-R22 10K.
Maybe the mains was a little bit low because was 23.3 VDC or the couple not matched of IRFP 140N/9140.
Bobo I measured 21.2 V without load, and then 19V with 8 hom load. So 19V/8hom=2.375A. 2.375A/2.1V(the difference beetwen Unloaded and loaded) =1.13 hom. DF=8/1.13=7.
Or not :scratch1:

Mr Pass, this morning I have read the review of your XP-15 phono stage. One of the best in the world at that price. :violin:Ccongratulations.

I measured 21.2 V without load, and then 19V with 8 hom load. So 19V/8hom=2.375A. 2.375A/2.1V(the difference beetwen Unloaded and loaded) =1.13 hom. DF=8/1.13=7.

Do you mean Peak to Peak output voltages ?
The voltage difference is mostly due to output devices residual voltage and emittor resistors drop out.
So, you dit not evaluate the dynamic output Z ( Z speaker / Damping factor) which takes NFB in account.
Though i cannot tell how to measure it...