F5 power amplifier

o.k. let me have a go , in the Firstwatt product keep in mind that this is a finished commercial product that is allways going to have a fairly hefty current draw which tends to cause the voltage potential to drop, being that we are again taking about a finished commercial product, this power supply is not likley to become dissconnected from the load. Can you say that your DIY built item meets that same criteria? I can't Iam always messing with something in there. Overvoltaged caps are not something to take lightly they tend to make unpleasant messes, take it from me i have done this intentionaly for fun (under "safe" conditions)
IMO don't do it it's not worth the little bit you save on a cheaper cap.

Re: Re: Re Paypal

jackinnj said:

After Nelson mentioned the webstore I got a flood of orders, and a number of flakes...and attendant chargebacks. It's just wonderful as a vendor to see someone who filed a chargeback proclaim how wonderful their F4 or F5 sounds.

PayPal is awful for vendors. Even with USPS proof of delivery you can get hit with a charge-back. I am thinking of shutting the webstore down, or just selling PCB's for the National Semi Overture series.

I wish you could post the names of the offenders to put the rest of us on guard of their cavalier behaviour.

Your service is exemplary and a boon to the hobby.

That a number of people could behave in such a way to make you consider closing down shop is sickening.

I agree that you should raise your prices to make up for what has been lost.

This cannot be allowed or ignored. Those that took advantage of you should be publicly exposed and anathema pronounced.

There are so many excellent and decent hobbyists out there that we tend to forget this element knows no bounds and can infect any enterprise.

What can we do to help?

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
chrismercurio said:
Are they part of the release schedule of the next few years?

Here is the list of design codes I am working from, in alphabetical order. They are all FET designs and most of them are single-stage. Each letter stands for something. Not all are interesting, but some of them represent multiple interesting circuits.

JADBMFA JADBMFX JADBMNA JADBMNX JADBSFA JADBSFX JADBSNA JADBSNX
JADSMFA JADSMFX JADSMNA JADSMNX JADSSFA JADSSFX JADSSNA JADSSNX
JASBMFA JASBMFX JASBMNA JASBMNX JASBSFA JASBSFX JASBSNA JASBSNX
JASSMFA JASSMFX JASSMNA JASSMNX JASSSFA JASSSFX JASSSNA JASSSNX
JBDBMFA JBDBMFX JBDBMNA JBDBMNX JBDBSFA JBDBSFX JBDBSNA JBDBSNX
JBDSMFA JBDSMFX JBDSMNA JBDSMNX JBDSSFA JBDSSFX JBDSSNA JBDSSNX
JBSBMFA JBSBMFX JBSBMNA JBSBMNX JBSBSFA JBSBSFX JBSBSNA JBSBSNX
JBSSMFA JBSSMFX JBSSMNA JBSSMNX JBSSSFA JBSSSFX JBSSSNA JBSSSNX
JSDBMFA JSDBMFX JSDBMNA JSDBMNX JSDBSFA JSDBSFX JSDBSNA JSDBSNX
JSDSMFA JSDSMFX JSDSMNA JSDSMNX JSDSSFA JSDSSFX JSDSSNA JSDSSNX
JSSBMFA JSSBMFX JSSBMNA JSSBMNX JSSBSFA JSSBSFX JSSBSNA JSSBSNX
JSSSMFA JSSSMFX JSSSMNA JSSSMNX JSSSSFA JSSSSFX JSSSSNA JSSSSNX
MADBMFA MADBMFX MADBMNA MADBMNX MADBSFA MADBSFX MADBSNA MADBSNX
MADSMFA MADSMFX MADSMNA MADSMNX MADSSFA MADSSFX MADSSNA MADSSNX
MASBMFA MASBMFX MASBMNA MASBMNX MASBSFA MASBSFX MASBSNA MASBSNX
MASSMFA MASSMFX MASSMNA MASSMNX MASSSFA MASSSFX MASSSNA MASSSNX
MBDBMFA MBDBMFX MBDBMNA MBDBMNX MBDBSFA MBDBSFX MBDBSNA MBDBSNX
MBDSMFA MBDSMFX MBDSMNA MBDSMNX MBDSSFA MBDSSFX MBDSSNA MBDSSNX
MBSBMFA MBSBMFX MBSBMNA MBSBMNX MBSBSFA MBSBSFX MBSBSNA MBSBSNX
MBSSMFA MBSSMFX MBSSMNA MBSSMNX MBSSSFA MBSSSFX MBSSSNA MBSSSNX
MSDBMFA MSDBMFX MSDBMNA MSDBMNX MSDBSFA MSDBSFX MSDBSNA MSDBSNX
MSDSMFA MSDSMFX MSDSMNA MSDSMNX MSDSSFA MSDSSFX MSDSSNA MSDSSNX
MSSBMFA MSSBMFX MSSBMNA MSSBMNX MSSBSFA MSSBSFX MSSBSNA MSSBSNX
MSSSMFA MSSSMFX MSSSMNA MSSSMNX MSSSSFA MSSSSFX MSSSSNA MSSSSNX

Yours would be in there.

:cool:

Re: Re: Re Paypal

jackinnj said:

After Nelson mentioned the webstore I got a flood of orders, and a number of flakes...and attendant chargebacks. It's just wonderful as a vendor to see someone who filed a chargeback proclaim how wonderful their F4 or F5 sounds.

PayPal is awful for vendors. Even with USPS proof of delivery you can get hit with a charge-back. I am thinking of shutting the webstore down, or just selling PCB's for the National Semi Overture series.

Hi jackinnj,

I would just like to say that I am very very grateful to you for providing such a great service to fellow Audio DIYer's and I can not understand such lousy behaviour by some of your customers
It is a great pity that your services to International customers are now blocked,but I do understand your position with Paypal etc.
Please reconsider and see if you can ban the Bast......ds that try to rip you off.
Once again thank you on behalf of all your genuine customers

Les

JADBMFA JADBMFX JADBMNA JADBMNX JADBSFA JADBSFX JADBSNA JADBSNX JADSMFA JADSMFX JADSMNA JADSMNX JADSSFA JADSSFX JADSSNA JADSSNX JASBMFA JASBMFX JASBMNA JASBMNX JASBSFA JASBSFX JASBSNA JASBSNX JASSMFA JASSMFX JASSMNA JASSMNX JASSSFA JASSSFX JASSSNA JASSSNX JBDBMFA JBDBMFX JBDBMNA JBDBMNX JBDBSFA JBDBSFX JBDBSNA JBDBSNX JBDSMFA JBDSMFX JBDSMNA JBDSMNX JBDSSFA JBDSSFX JBDSSNA JBDSSNX JBSBMFA JBSBMFX JBSBMNA JBSBMNX JBSBSFA JBSBSFX JBSBSNA JBSBSNX JBSSMFA JBSSMFX JBSSMNA JBSSMNX JBSSSFA JBSSSFX JBSSSNA JBSSSNX JSDBMFA JSDBMFX JSDBMNA JSDBMNX JSDBSFA JSDBSFX JSDBSNA JSDBSNX JSDSMFA JSDSMFX JSDSMNA JSDSMNX JSDSSFA JSDSSFX JSDSSNA JSDSSNX JSSBMFA JSSBMFX JSSBMNA JSSBMNX JSSBSFA JSSBSFX JSSBSNA JSSBSNX JSSSMFA JSSSMFX JSSSMNA JSSSMNX JSSSSFA JSSSSFX JSSSSNA JSSSSNX MADBMFA MADBMFX MADBMNA MADBMNX MADBSFA MADBSFX MADBSNA MADBSNX MADSMFA MADSMFX MADSMNA MADSMNX MADSSFA MADSSFX MADSSNA MADSSNX MASBMFA MASBMFX MASBMNA MASBMNX MASBSFA MASBSFX MASBSNA MASBSNX MASSMFA MASSMFX MASSMNA MASSMNX MASSSFA MASSSFX MASSSNA MASSSNX MBDBMFA MBDBMFX MBDBMNA MBDBMNX MBDBSFA MBDBSFX MBDBSNA MBDBSNX MBDSMFA MBDSMFX MBDSMNA MBDSMNX MBDSSFA MBDSSFX MBDSSNA MBDSSNX MBSBMFA MBSBMFX MBSBMNA MBSBMNX MBSBSFA MBSBSFX MBSBSNA MBSBSNX MBSSMFA MBSSMFX MBSSMNA MBSSMNX MBSSSFA MBSSSFX MBSSSNA MBSSSNX MSDBMFA MSDBMFX MSDBMNA MSDBMNX MSDBSFA MSDBSFX MSDBSNA MSDBSNX MSDSMFA MSDSMFX MSDSMNA MSDSMNX MSDSSFA MSDSSFX MSDSSNA MSDSSNX MSSBMFA MSSBMFX MSSBMNA MSSBMNX MSSBSFA MSSBSFX MSSBSNA MSSBSNX MSSSMFA MSSSMFX MSSSMNA MSSSMNX MSSSSFA MSSSSFX MSSSSNA MSSSSNX

First letter = jfet vs. mosfet?
???
Seventh letter = aleph vs susy?

Re: Re: Re: Re Paypal

rickmcinnis said:

I wish you could post the names of the offenders to put the rest of us on guard of their cavalier behaviour.

Your service is exemplary and a boon to the hobby.

That a number of people could behave in such a way to make you consider closing down shop is sickening.

I agree that you should raise your prices to make up for what has been lost.

This cannot be allowed or ignored. Those that took advantage of you should be publicly exposed and anathema pronounced.

There are so many excellent and decent hobbyists out there that we tend to forget this element knows no bounds and can infect any enterprise.

What can we do to help?

I agree totally with Rick - expose the offenders, jackinni - name & shame is the best defence against the morally bereft who are only brave enough do this because they remain anonymous - it also allows others to protect themselves from being suckered by these same b**tards

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re Paypal

jkeny said:

I agree totally with Rick - expose the offenders, jackinni - name & shame is the best defence against the morally bereft who are only brave enough do this because they remain anonymous - it also allows others to protect themselves from being suckered by these same b**tards

I disagree. It is much easier to cease to do business with these folks than resorting to ugly behavior and meeting unprofessional people halfway. This forum is pretty clean with regards to personal attacks and the like. The mods run a tight ship.

Just one persons opinion,

Chris

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
samoloko said:

I also would like to try 25 V caps In PSU
why originals can be 25 V and you all recommend at least 35 V

judging by pics on 6moon and elsewhere , Papa use them (25V Pana )

numerous MF A1 - all of them were equiped with Jamicon etc 10mF/25V/85C caps , even in scorching hot case ..... lasting at least decade without problems .......

I know for few more examples ........ but these aren't familiar to anyone ....

to cut long story short ....... that issue - at least in F5 - is simply splitting the hair .....