F5 power amplifier

Joined 2006
Paid Member
B4

neutrino_th said:
Thanks danny_66.

"The B4 Crossover / Equalizer has been designed around the needs of full range speakers (Lowther, Fostex, and all the newer entries). It has circuitry for equalizing to the needs of full range drivers and for adding a woofer."
:yes: perfect for my Fe206.

Perfect for my Lowther DX4 as well. I would not mind seeing this one soon. Replace my DCX2496 and get rid of Dick O's notch filter in one box. I am sure it will have better bandwidth.

If NP wants me to tell him how a prototype compares, I am more than willing to help test pre-production units....:clown:

tms0425 said:
Of course, but I just wanted to make sure you don't need that much dissapation for some reason not obvious to my tiny brain. Since it is just feedback I doubt it. Likely the 100r 3w are just what Nelson had a lot of so there are two ;-)

NP recommended the rez in parallel as the 3W flavor are less expensive.

The 10R resistors are probably 1W.

As I said before, I have a bunch of Caddock 35W TO-220 resistors from another project -- they have to be heat-sinked. There's no point in letting them collect dust.

I believe that Caddock also make a TO-126 version with 15W dissipation.

Anyone who wants a ZIP file of the copper top, copper bottom, silk, bom and drill files for the input compensated PM me. I changed the hole-sizes to 150mils to accomodate a threaded 6-32 standoff. (FWIW, I use nylon standoffs so I don't have to worry about the metal coming into contact with a trace.

You can easily take the gerber files, load them into a viewer like Pentalogix and print at 100% to make your own photo-masks.