F5 power amplifier

jacco vermeulen said:

Semis is a strange business.
Samsung takes over Fairchild stuff, 10 years later Fairchild buys out Samsung (and me lags 10 years behind as usual)

Bogdan needs reading glasses too, and i'm still waiting for either a prior art reference or the anouncement of a mega DIY-shorts order.

Fairchild Camera and Instrument was the grand-pappy of all of them.

tubesguy said:

Luckily, they do come in one more flavor - with their value actually written on them.

I already mentioned those in the post...they're "the kind with writing so small that you can't read it without a microscope."
(Perhaps I should have printed that in a bigger font so we can all read it...ahem...)
I'm supposed to hear from my optometrist/opthamologist (whichever he is) today that my new lenses are in. It doesn't matter...I keep my loupe from geology days on my electronics bench. When I can't see something, I just take a gander through the All-Seeing-Eye. Fortunately, I've got a good one--never come across something it can't resolve.
Oh, and another pet peeve: Resistors whose color bands are spaced equidistant from one end of the body to the other. This isn't so much of a vision-related sort of thing, it's just that I can't figure out which end has the first significant digit.
(More grumbling)
Oh...and yes, I've succumbed to the meter trick before, but it slows me down too much. It's more fun to go ahead and make serendipitous discoveries as I toss in random parts.

Grey

I already mentioned those in the post...they're "the kind with writing so small that you can't read it without a microscope."
(Perhaps I should have printed that in a bigger font so we can all read it...ahem...)
[/B]

Oops! My bad. I'm used to dealing with nice big Holcos, or, even better, 12w Mills resistors. Shoot, I can read those even at arm's length ...

;) - Pat

Discussions about parts are always on topic. It's not as though we're discussing motorcycles or hamburgers or cotton futures.
At this point tubesguy has stumbled upon one of my darker secrets...I like tubes because there's enough room on them to print a small novel using the same size print they use on TO-92 parts. Of course, the point is not to print a novel...just a short story...using larger letters.

Grey

Before criticizing me--either directly or by implication--for not answering enough newbie questions, you'd do well to look back at all the questions I have answered...and to send me another twelve hours a day.

You totally missed the point, either purposedly or not. I acknowledge what you brought to these people. I even have your very amp playing for the second year! I did not critisize you specifically, I even said it was not personal. I never critisized anyone for not answering newb questions!! I did critisize the way some of the members does so, though!! I stand by that, anytime......

:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: The Choky Effect

twitchie said:
I can see Off Topic'ism has spread to include many others now

Welcome to the club!!!

:devilr:

:worship:

I see that as welcome innovation in pretty often too serious and boring discussion, between greenhorns and gray heads .......... and too often between pissed gray heads

"mine is bigger than yours" .......... whatever mine/yours is - jfet , mosfet , wallet , brain, xperience , loudspeaker blah blah

I don't know nothing , and I'm happy and without complexes regarding that .

and I'm willing to learn

:clown:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
One step closer ... :smash: :smash: :smash:

2462867838_253c135360.jpg

:xeye: :xeye: :xeye:

Just looked at it again and realized, this one would be dead silent ... all the time :whazzat:

back in 5 minutes ...

Re: Re: My F5

zeonrider said:
narinari2106, nice pic., do you have some smaller pic?!

Regards zeoN_Rider

Hi zeoN_Rider,

Thank you:)
Sorry now I don't have any smaller pic.
Do you want see more?

jupiterjune said:
Narinari-
Feel free to tell us how it sounds!
JJ

Very nice work, BTW.

bogdan_borko said:

How nobody asked HOW DOES IT SOUND???

Hi JJ and bogdan_borko,

OK, I will try towrite some impressions later;)
But simply I must say ... I'm very satisfied for my F5:D

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Certainly has been quiet around here this weekend. Anyway, I managed to squeeze out a few more bugs and settled with this:

2466549696_4170e4ec1c.jpg

Hopefully, it will look nice on the component side:

2466557344_b8c8876206.jpg

My background is NOT in electronics, but I've got a problem with idle hands. That mixed with spending far too much time on the internet and enough recklessness to try most anything at least once has taken me from struggling to stuff an Audiosector chipamp 5 years ago to being able to do this (I know, it's nothing compared to what most others can do, but this time, I did it starting with only the schematic):

2465714921_2a4a695cdc.jpg

I'm just not looking forward to the next part - drilling holes.

With any luck ( and wife + 2-year old permitting), I may just have this thing stuffed and singing before summer's over :D

Thank you Nelson Pass for your immeasurable contributions to this hobby! :cheers: