Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2010, 03:37 AM   #8851
diyAudio Member

PHP Code:
here's one 
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...gb-f5-pcb.html 
Thanks but his order page says no more F5 boards.

Jim
Old 7th September 2010, 05:51 AM   #8852
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

If I am not wrong Peter Daniels has boards for F5.

Patrick
Old 7th September 2010, 11:37 AM   #8853
jpedro is offline jpedro  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Hello Patrick,

Tank you, but no. Boards for F5 finish.

Best regards,
jpedro
Old 7th September 2010, 11:53 AM   #8854
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

There was one more GB from a guy in India called suds (or something similar). You might want to hunt him down
Old 7th September 2010, 06:09 PM   #8855
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

cviller's Boards will be available at the diyAudio Store , in approximately a week as he now has a "real job" which, as most of us know, takes away valuable DIY time..

Nelson's has given permission for this and we now have the boards in hand, and just have to get them to loaded up so that you can order them..

Mark
Old 7th September 2010, 06:17 PM   #8856
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Here ya go!

GB: F5 Stereo Clone Amp + PSU PCB

Reissue: F3 and F5 PCB's Group Buy
Old 7th September 2010, 07:46 PM   #8857
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
cviller's Boards will be available at the diyAudio Store , in approximately a week as he now has a "real job" which, as most of us know, takes away valuable DIY time..

Nelson's has given permission for this and we now have the boards in hand, and just have to get them to loaded up so that you can order them..

Mark
Great news.
I think this approach makes it much simpler and the donations are immediate.
Thanks to Cviller for all the work he has done on BA1/2 and F5. Congratulations on the new job.

Also thanks to Peter Daniel and BrianGT. I hope you guys still have the time to continue the great work you guys do.
Espescially thanks to Peter who started us off with all of the Firstwatt series pcb's.

Last but definitely not least thanks to Nelson who unselfishly shares all of this with us.

PS: Hey Variac I haven't forgotten about the Zen I/V. You're not off the hook yet.

Last edited by Melon Head; 7th September 2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:57 PM   #8858
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanh1973 View Post
Great news.
I think this approach makes it much simpler and the donations are immediate.
Thanks to Cviller for all the work he has done on BA1/2 and F5. Congratulations on the new job.

Also thanks to Peter Daniel and BrianGT. I hope you guys still have the time to continue the great work you guys do.
Espescially thanks to Peter who started us off with all of the Firstwatt series pcb's.

Last but definitely not least thanks to Nelson who unselfishly shares all of this with us.

Old 8th September 2010, 10:09 AM   #8859
jpedro is offline jpedro  Portugal
diyAudio Member

I echo the words, of ma_coule, many thanks to Cviller, Peter, and www.diyaudio.com, members and diyAudio Editor's.
Especially to Mr Nelson Pass for all the wisdom and share your knowledge with the community of DIY.

Thank you very much,
jpedro
Old 10th September 2010, 05:02 AM   #8860
diyAudio Member

while biasing my F5 tonight i noticed a mechanical hum from the PS caps (60Hz???). i have 132,000uF in the PS and another 44,000uF in the amp proper - the PS will be remote in a separate chassis, connected with a 2ft umbilical. right now, i'm using 22AWG/alligator clips for hook-up on the bench, with all grounds returning to a central point at the PS. i've never heard caps hum before - is this normal? the TX is 500VA and my rail voltages are 25.5V.

Hide this!Advertise here!