F5 power amplifier

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello,
I've not been able to find or to understand an explanation to the need of matching transistors in the original F5 amplifier.

Within a single channel, I "extrapolate" from various diyaudio threads that P and N MOSFETs don't need to be matched (also because they are technically different). But what about the JFETs?

I also "extrapolate" that matching MOSFETs and JFETs between left and right channel is not necessary (probably it's useful if I want to do the same operations to bias the two channels, but I'm not sure about it).

Any help is really appreciated :)

To operate, there is really no requirement that the parts be matched. I like them all matched, simply because I want both channels to match as close as possible. It just depends on how obsessive you want to be....

russellc

Well I don't think so, I know for sure !!

I think, with a little luck... the F5-T will be released this week :D

Jesper.

When it's ready, Choky (Zen Mod) and I will get it from Choky's Papa (Mr. Pass) and we'll build and test it within a few hours and after that it'll be presented to you all :D
Just hold on there and you'll be rewarded with the fantastic turbo sound for DIYérs :rofl::rofl::rofl::Pinoc:

Cheers,

Audiofanatic ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah ....... I'm forbidden to mess with turbo
last time when I had it , I won Pike's Peak 3 times in one day

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 747