F5 power amplifier - Page 41 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2008, 07:54 PM   #401
diyAudio Member

Hmm so definitely custom
Old 25th April 2008, 08:08 PM   #402
DaveM is offline DaveM  United States
diyAudio Member

Steenoe,

You are likely right, but it has been hard reading this thread and feeling a bit in the dark. Ah patience. Patience. I must practice patience...
Old 25th April 2008, 08:44 PM   #403
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveM
Just a question to Tony. How would one participate intelligently in the conversation here without having read the AX article? Personally I find that I am not able. I acknowledge that your work is you own and your to choose to do as you please with, but I would guess that there are plenty of lurkers who are interested, but have let their subscriptions lapse (like myself). My personal reason is that I don't have time and money beyond my reading here on DIYAudio as I have a 4 year old who demands most of my time and resources. I wouldn't choose it any other way, but I would urge you to share your layout with those who are latecomers when the AX article is widely available.

P.S. there isn't a retailer who caries AX that I know of near me. The borders that used to carry it no longer does. As a result, I have no way of getting my hands on it.
Dave,

You are an old timer and have post quite a bit; what I donít like is seeing people who have barely post or newcomers which are only looking to grab what ever they can. For me diyAudio is sharing experiences and work done on the audio field of course plus hearing opinions and knowing people that share the same interest.

On the other hand the etching file is too big to post here which I donít regret since I can now know who are really interested. I think itís fair to the community to know who is working or has interest in this wonderful project shared by the Master itself, Nelson Pass, to whom we are all grateful.

Dave, PM me please.
Old 25th April 2008, 09:09 PM   #404
diyAudio Member

Barnes and Noble carry AX here. I've been keeping an eye out for May's issue, but it hasn't hit the shelf yet. I did pick up the April copy though... very nice, I will subscribe from this point

I miss-cut my boards last night, so I'm back on it in a bit. I should be posting some pics tonight.

7/10
Old 25th April 2008, 09:11 PM   #405
diyAudio Member

Or do your own PCB artwork. It's not hard at all. I see posts from people who are scared, but I think of it as just another aspect of DIY. I do boards all the time (nine this week, ranging from the size of postage stamps [daughter boards for the Line Drive] to boards the size of my hand [Line Drive motherboard and the crossover variant]). Yes, I remember being scared the first time I did a board, but I also remember being scared the first time I rode a bicycle...and speaking from the perspective of having endured quite a few years of reconstructive efforts on my mouth, I will assure you that DIY circuit boards are a lot less hazardous to your health than bicycles. Cheaper, too.
We're not going to be intimidated by some dinky little piece of fiberglass! We're DIY! Show that thing who's boss.

Grey
Old 25th April 2008, 09:17 PM   #406
steenoe is offline steenoe  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GRollins
Or do your own PCB artwork. It's not hard at all. I see posts from people who are scared, but I think of it as just another aspect of DIY. I do boards all the time (nine this week, ranging from the size of postage stamps [daughter boards for the Line Drive] to boards the size of my hand [Line Drive motherboard and the crossover variant]). Yes, I remember being scared the first time I did a board, but I also remember being scared the first time I rode a bicycle...and speaking from the perspective of having endured quite a few years of reconstructive efforts on my mouth, I will assure you that DIY circuit boards are a lot less hazardous to your health than bicycles. Cheaper, too.
We're not going to be intimidated by some dinky little piece of fiberglass! We're DIY! Show that thing who's boss.

Grey
Clap, clap, Grey Lets see your take on this, then....

Old 25th April 2008, 09:26 PM   #407
diyAudio Member

I'm working on my first start to finish PCB for a chip amp and I'm keeping an eye out for an orphan lasar printer to facilitate matters. Good thing I "ruined" my wifes good iron on another project, or I'd be shopping for one of those too.
Old 25th April 2008, 09:27 PM   #408
diyAudio Member

Yeah I was thinking about seeing if the college up here has a surplus area that I could buy a laser printer from.
Old 25th April 2008, 09:32 PM   #409
defect9 is offline defect9  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by steenoe

I dont think so......
As far as I recall, they are custom made extrucions. I am sure Jacco can remember the post, where NP said that....

the closest I've found for a pass labs clone heatsink is too small to do any good.

http://www.thermaflo.com/bin/cr_exda...in&ExLength=12

sad, really. it looks great till until you read the measurements of size
Old 25th April 2008, 09:34 PM   #410
culture is offline culture  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I'll never forget the first time i made my own PCB's (13 years old) nice brown stains in my bedrooms carpet.. my mum was not happy

I made a nice lego machine to move the etch bath constantly from left to right (and back)... only a bit to fast

Hide this!Advertise here!