F5 power amplifier

How do I calculate the biased current? I am currently running my F5 at 0.7v across r11 & r12, which brings the temperature on heatsinks a little closer to the touch test.

Also, I am using 3w panas for R11 & R12 which seem real hot. Should I replace with a higher wattage resistor to run a higher bias?

Thanks Nick

npapp said:
How do I calculate the biased current? I am currently running my F5 at 0.7v across r11 & r12, which brings the temperature on heatsinks a little closer to the touch test.

Also, I am using 3w panas for R11 & R12 which seem real hot. Should I replace with a higher wattage resistor to run a higher bias?

Thanks Nick

I always set my bias with a signal generator and a scope.
I first set the bias to minimum.
I set the input to around 1 volt pk to pk and watch the output on the scope.
I turn the bias up slowly until crossover distortion goes.
This gives good results.

Less bias would give crossover distortion.
More bias is a waste of power turned inbto heat.

My speakers are 4 ohms. My understanding is with a 4 Ohm load I am only in Class A for 12.5W. I am hoping to extend the Class A rating by increasing the bias for the max that my heatsinks can dissipate. If I move to 1.5A bias doesn't this give me up 3A output in Class A increasing the rating a few watts before crossover to AB?

I am a noobie and usually just paint by numbers so please educate me if I am wrong or messing this wonderful amp.