F5 power amplifier

Didn't say I couldn't afford the magazine I said at this moment I can't. I don't plan on building the amp until probably end of next month so just kind of planning things out. Sorry for even asking I'll just hold my tongue.

P.S. I'm guessing there aren't any book stores or anything that carry AX?

I'll double that question. I was going to try and pick up a copy of this issue, but I didn't see it on the shelf at B&N. Any suggestions as to where to pick up a copy if I don't currently have a subscription? (and yes, a subscription is now on my "to get" list)

It lives!

Today I had the opportunity to touch this great amp. Unfortunately I could not listen to it ... and was not allowed to open it. :devily:

What I could see through the venting holes is that the thermistors are placed right in front of the MOSFETs and touch the drain leg but not the heat sink or the body of the MOSFET.

Greetings,
Chris

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3,285
jacco vermeulen said:
Next Q will be how many pimpo watts. :clown:

Pimpwatts are great, as long as they are dressed in Purple velvet:D
What's all the fuzz anyway? The F5 is a Zen5 with J-fet inputs....he-he.
Admitedly, with some embellishment on the temp. stability.....
Cant recall that the Zen5 had that level of attention;) Mainly Babo-Zan
acknowledged its qualities. Just teasin' ofcourse.....;)

:)

Zen Mod said:

now I can leave for good , Diyaudio and audio ,as well ......... when I read that from Steen .......

:clown:

Just joking ofcourse;) The spec's tell the thruth, I want one too;)
Especially with Tony's very nice board layout, its pretty easy to build one into the testbed.

BTW, Jacco the real Pimp's in GTA are all dressed in Purple:D
Btw Btw, CFM, those pic's are really great:cool:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
steenoe said:

Just joking ofcourse;) The spec's tell the thruth, I want one too;)
Especially with Tony's very nice board layout, its pretty easy to build one into the testbed.

BTW, Jacco the real Pimp's in GTA are all dressed in Purple:D
Btw Btw, CFM, those pic's are really great:cool:

Hey Steen,

How come you haven't build one yet?

And who told you the pimps in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area :) )
are dressed in purple? :D

Dennis

P.S: CFM: Thanks for the pics and the tidbit about the thermistors.

Dennis Hui said:

Hey Steen,

How come you haven't build one yet?

And who told you the pimps in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area :) )
are dressed in purple? :D

Dennis

P.S: CFM: Thanks for the pics and the tidbit about the thermistors.

1) I almost have:D

2) My sons gang is all dressed up in purple:clown: Ofcourse other GTA gangs will have other colours, but they are not as cool as the purple ones....he-he

Just a question to Tony. How would one participate intelligently in the conversation here without having read the AX article? Personally I find that I am not able. I acknowledge that your work is you own and your to choose to do as you please with, but I would guess that there are plenty of lurkers who are interested, but have let their subscriptions lapse (like myself). My personal reason is that I don't have time and money beyond my reading here on DIYAudio as I have a 4 year old who demands most of my time and resources. I wouldn't choose it any other way, but I would urge you to share your layout with those who are latecomers when the AX article is widely available.

P.S. there isn't a retailer who caries AX that I know of near me. The borders that used to carry it no longer does. As a result, I have no way of getting my hands on it.

DaveM said:
Just a question to Tony. How would one participate intelligently in the conversation here without having read the AX article? Personally I find that I am not able. I acknowledge that your work is you own and your to choose to do as you please with, but I would guess that there are plenty of lurkers who are interested, but have let their subscriptions lapse (like myself). My personal reason is that I don't have time and money beyond my reading here on DIYAudio as I have a 4 year old who demands most of my time and resources. I wouldn't choose it any other way, but I would urge you to share your layout with those who are latecomers when the AX article is widely available.

P.S. there isn't a retailer who caries AX that I know of near me. The borders that used to carry it no longer does. As a result, I have no way of getting my hands on it.

I dont think that Tony meant that you had to read the AX. I understood that he wanted you to express your interest here. Which you just did;)