F5 power amplifier

Attachments

• mk62430.jpg
    mk62430.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,438
Peter Daniel said:

well i crashed my logo 500, witch cost me another 2800$ to replace flew it a few times then thought meh, i want a car.

So i bought a nice car and now saving money for b18c1 & BOOST! :)

still have my aleph's and speakers tho, to which i'm redesigning and working on.

Its hard to find chassis's and heat sinks. I'm looking for something like this.

/.....
51%2BN94qFA4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

hi all
i,ve got 8x boards on the way and would like to build 2x bridged ballanced amps
i,m having a problem working out the original parts used for the f5 design becouse everyone seems to be modifying the circuit or substituting parts.
is there a list some where with all the parts i need ,i,d like to build it using only the parts mr pass has used with no mods or part substitutions so i know exactly what i will get ,
i,ve found a link to a store that supply,s f3,f4,f5 components kits but they will only supply a maximum of 1x stereo kit ? and i need 4
thanks in advance for any help
regards sheafer

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: Re: balanced setup.

Tea-Bag said:
Yes, can do balanced, take input from one board to XLR 2, one to XLR 3, XLR 1 to common ground. Wire speaker to both positive outputs, or just hook up the outputs + to pair of speaker terminals. This gives you one channel. repeat same for next.

tms0425 said:
I suppose this should work, but has anyone actually tried it? It's just ciurious why Nelson didn't put an XLR and mention of balanced setup in the commercial FW F5 as he did on the F4. My F5 doesn't even have an XLR installed (yet).

Got around to soldering XLR in there, ran a wire to the inputs of both boards, wired 1 to ground, and put a speaker on the POSITIVE OUTPUTS. Jumpered since my balanced pre is not quite road ready. Plays music fine. This has been discussed as do-able earlier. Just confirming for the doubting.
:D

EDIT: I had a few (audio) friends over a week or 2 ago and all were very impressed by the F5. One remarked he thought it was as good as you could get from SS. At the moment I have a very fine KT88 amp, an airtight ATM2 in my system after repairing it for a friend. Over the weekend I intend to A/B it against the F5 and then also take my F5 to my friends and A/b against the F5 there with different speakers. I don't expect to come away embarassed... [/B]

I'm wondering how the F5 compared to the Airtight.

quote:

EDIT: I had a few (audio) friends over a week or 2 ago and all were very impressed by the F5. One remarked he thought it was as good as you could get from SS. At the moment I have a very fine KT88 amp, an airtight ATM2 in my system after repairing it for a friend. Over the weekend I intend to A/B it against the F5 and then also take my F5 to my friends and A/b against the F5 there with different speakers. I don't expect to come away embarassed... [/B]

I'm wondering how the F5 compared to the Airtight.

Watch this space.... I've done a comparison in my system but now will be calling over to my friends with the F5 and using it with a different pre and speakers also vs the ATM2. will report in full after that but no, the F5 was embarassed by it.

Fran