F5 power amplifier

Joined 2004
Paid Member
16 years later ... it doesn't get as much play time as it used to but it's still part of the lineup. The heatsinks are on the small size but I found that even at 1.0A bias, the harmonic profile of the F5 doesn't change (ratio of H2/H3 ...), it probably just doesn't stay in class A as long but at least it's avoided being retired.

I rebuilt it a few years ago into this case and updated the PSU but bumped it down to 1.0A to keep the heat under control.

20240418_152254.jpg

20240418_152328.jpg

20240418_152359.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you @seventenths! It's toner transfer. I still have a few sheets of inkjet photo paper stashed away and replaced that laser printer 10 years ago but it never made it to the recycling as I can't seem to let it go in case I ever do another pcb ...
I've had perfectly usable results in the past with little effort but a couple of recent trials have been sub-standard. . I'm tempted to try actual iron-on-transfer paper but will make another effort or two first, including the Archival Print function (higher temp) but that may be a step in the wrong direction. No harm in trying.
Cheers