Wtb Boz Pcb.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
what is audio express pcb ??

AudioXpress.com have boards for some Pass projects.
However, they are not very good boards, especially if you remove a part (desolder). The trace on the board sometimes lifts off with the part being removed. I experienced this myself.

Try making your own board. I used photo paper with a laser printer to create an image of the board trace for my Zen 9.
It came out pretty good. Then use etchant to process the trace.

http://www.headwize.com/projects/garbz2_prj.php

good luck!

Vince

Vince- You are so very right about the PCB quality problem with Audioxpress stuff. Too bad because the circuits they published were generally very good .I built some Borbely 100 watt amps and a great preamp on their boards only to have problems later with one amp .The repair was a nightmare because of trace failure on the PC . Hard to believe they would furnish such junk.

I have a Vellemann perf board with flux coated pads I can use for a BOZ ...just thought I could save some time. Basaudio boards would have been good but they are sold out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.