Problem with transfo connection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello ! I have a problem !

I'm building the Zen V4 and today, I work on the transfo wire....

The probleme is:

-At the output of my transfo, I have 40 VAC at 60 Hz and I have "" 36 VDC "" at the output of my bridge ????

I suppose to have about 55VDC

I realy don't understand, the bridge is well instaled and I try many bridge and the result is the same !

Maby because I take the mesure without the capasitor but I don't think that this is normal....

Please, I need some help, I don't understand wath is appening now

Thank you ! All is OK !

But I have a little question ! It is normal that when I fuse the primarie of the transfo with a 1.5 Amp fuse, the fuse broke 1 time on 2 heaven if the transfo is connect only at the capacitor ??

On the shema of Nelson Pass, it is written, "slow blow" fuse, I don't know what this mean !

Thank you

Al ok in your part of the old!

Hi Arold19

The fuse blow with the surge of the charging of the capacitors...yes you need to use a slow blow fuse!

It a fuse that need more time to blow ant take a surge...usualy it have sand inside.

All you need is to go to your local component shop an ask politly :goodbad: a slow blow 1,5 Amp fuse!

Cheers

Jorge

Arold19: When I was building my first amp, I did the very same thing you did. I was very disappointed when the DC off the bridge was slightly lower than the voltage rating of the AC secondary. Then I hooked up my caps and everything was as expected! It saved me an embarassing call to the transformer manufacturer...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.