Pumpkin preamp - More Boring Making Thread - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2007, 04:45 AM   #131
dviswa is offline dviswa  United States
diyAudio Member

ZM,

Digikey or mouser does not have BDX54C. I hate to place a very small order with Newark just for these devices. Can TIP120 and its counter part TIP125 be an adequate replacement?

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/TIP120-D.PDF
Thanks,
Dinesh

Old 24th December 2007, 04:57 AM   #132
hayenc is offline hayenc  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hayenc
I bought mine from Mouser and they show stock. Before I found them there I had bought TIP 102 and 107 from DigiKey. They looked equivalent, but since Mouser shows stock and they are under a dollar a piece with no minimum, I would go there.

Old 24th December 2007, 05:40 AM   #133
dviswa is offline dviswa  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks hayenc,

I am sure I had made this search once before and had found it only in Newark. Yes, I see it now. Guess I will stick with the specified part.

Regards,
Dinesh

Old 25th December 2007, 07:16 PM   #134
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dviswa
ZM,

Digikey or mouser does not have BDX54C. I hate to place a very small order with Newark just for these devices. Can TIP120 and its counter part TIP125 be an adequate replacement?

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/TIP120-D.PDF
Thanks,
Dinesh

Quote:
Originally posted by hayenc
I bought mine from Mouser and they show stock. Before I found them there I had bought TIP 102 and 107 from DigiKey. They looked equivalent, but since Mouser shows stock and they are under a dollar a piece with no minimum, I would go there.

Cook Book , Shunty part :

"note 7 - any decent 60V/10W/1A darlington "

I know that you both have that file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bdx53c.pdf (64.1 KB, 86 views)

Old 25th December 2007, 09:21 PM   #135
hayenc is offline hayenc  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hayenc
Quote:
"note 7 - any decent 60V/10W/1A darlington "
was the motivation for choosing the TIP 102 and 107. Not only received it, but even read it.

Happy Holidays,

Craig

Old 28th December 2007, 04:40 PM   #136
diyAudio Member

Algar_emi strikes again ..........

Pumpkin West BOM V2.2 is HERE

Old 29th December 2007, 09:25 AM   #137
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to spavleski
Default C9, C9A, C10, C10A

Looking into the Shunty's schematic (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...99#post1335499), there are different values for C9 and C9A, as well as for C10 and C10A.

It's obvious that should be the same in pair and according to BOM, should be like this:

C9, C9A = 10uF
C10, C10A = 100uF

Correct?

Old 29th December 2007, 11:55 AM   #138
diyAudio Member

Default Re: C9, C9A, C10, C10A

Quote:
Originally posted by spavleski
Looking into the Shunty's schematic (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...99#post1335499), there are different values for C9 and C9A, as well as for C10 and C10A.

It's obvious that should be the same in pair and according to BOM, should be like this:

C9, C9A = 10uF
C10, C10A = 100uF

Correct?

yup - correct ; I'll correct those mistakes and include "how ****** works" in Cookbooks ,also ;

maybe tonight...... maybe not ........ as a lone techie in my small town,I'm overwhelmed with drek this days ............ ;(

nota bene - values written in parts tables are correct ; they're just dreked in schmtc

Old 30th December 2007, 09:47 AM   #139
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to lykkedk
Ya guy's are crazy

update :
ZenMod, maybee you could write a note on your'e OpenSource CookBook!, that the ''Magic'' Gain setting is ~ 147Kohm + 8,2Kohm, for having the swinging around 15~16v 1KHz sine at 1v 1KHz input, without having problem's. If that anybody except for me, wanna bigger gain that is ofcause...

I have been trying a lot of setting's for theese value's past week's, and the ''magic'' MAX point is there ! I even tried a setting giving me ~25xGain But that's is a bit of a ''bee + itch'' to handle, without humming.

Well... right now i am waiting for my Laptop to return from repairshop, so i cannot post any picture's right now... Actually i have made a setup excatly as ZenMod suggested, with his excellent groundingschm. Onlything i didnt make as he suggested is the inputselector, which i copied from the Darwin natural inputselector, with 100Kohm resistors around the input, which is working very very good indeed... ! I made all input's with XLR, just shorting leg1+3 when using it unbalanced (Thanks ZenMod for the tip).

Regarding the gainsetting of , there is no big difference between having gain at 25 to have gain at 16(as with 8,2Kohm+147Kohm) when playing on dual mono balanced F4's btw... I guess the limit with the 100watt is there around gain x 15 with 1,5v input giving ~25v out (just a guess)

I am hoping all around here, will have a very good newyears party... (i will for sure) will be back with pictures next year

Jesper

Old 30th December 2007, 03:22 PM   #140
diyAudio Member

Default UPDATED COOK BOOK

Quote:
Originally posted by spavleski

C9, C9A = 10uF
C10, C10A = 100uF

Correct?

quoting my friend spavleski again .........

anyway : lookie lookie here :

http://czsr_bac.on.neobee.net/The%20...&%20Shunty.pdf

corrected few mistakes on schematic , also implemented "How Pumpkin works" and "How Shunty works " babbbblings

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!