XA60.5 - Is there a coupling cap in the signal path ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a pair of XA-60.5. I have had only an initial listening impression sofar....so forgive me if I am ot yet giving a full blown review.

My question: Are there some coupling caps in the signal path ? It sounds to me like that is the case...my impression: The amp resloves the texture of the music very well and it is like a view into the soul of music...but on the other side I realize that there is a bit of lack of openess in the treble which sounds like a coupling cap which could be improved...I have a lot of experiences in the sound of coupling caps from my tube amps, and there are some really expensive ones out there, so I guess if I am right we have a good, solid type in there, but an area for improvement.

If it is there: Is it mandatory even if never DC will come from the preamp ?

I am in parallel building now my Mono-F4 and will compare both...looking really foward to that.

Last question on the X-60.5: What a massive Transformer. What is the theory behind this oversizing (compare to Firstwatt products) ? Interesting that you have paralled 18 10000uF caps instead of using big ones.

Best Regards

Frank

So, if I have a very clean DC-free input from a preamp, can I by-pass them ? I hear the body and sould of music with this amp, but I hear as well the coupling cap which I would like to bypass...Can anything be damaged (I would measure potential DC before attaching a speaker to it )?

I read that you had a surgery, I hope you recover fully, we need you.

Best Regards

Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.