increasing ouput on adcom GFP750

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys

please forgive my lack of terminology, i am l am still learning.
The problem i have is that the output on the preamp to poweramp has a maximum output of 1volt,? the poweramp a gfa5800 requires 1.6v of input for full power output of 250w.
in passive the output is even less, and the power amp is not as loud.
i was looking for a way of increasing the output voltage to 2v so as it would cater for any power amp i wish to use at a later date
i understand that the volume control will regulate the power level to the power amp . but only to 1 volt at the moment.

i place a link later to the schematics

many thanks

Not to mention that power and pre's from the same manufacturer generally are designed to work well together. I take it you didn't have any "hands on" experience just looking at a spec sheet. Not the best way to make a judgment.

Here's one of my favorite quotes; it just happens to be from the "One and Only"

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not."--Nelson Pass.

Perhaps not fully appropriate for you situation but certainly a great method to live by. Listen, not measure and read specs. Measurements and specs are useful but don't tell the whole story.

Good luck you have a couple of great pieces there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.