F4 and DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Flecko

These are the output figures I got from my F4 when fed with my dac-ah......I didn't include the wattage calcs but the ooutput voltages shown are into ariel mk6c which average about 6ohms...

the spl from the F4/Ariels is more than enough for me in average room conditions, especially considering the ariels are no more than 93db.

Ed

ps .... ran the f4 at a friends recently - fed by beresford dac (no pre, just cd into dac)into lowther ex4s OBs and couldn't run with the volume right up. He has an above average size room, at least 6m square.

Attachments

• f4-op.txt
    948 bytes · Views: 92
The 1,8V I messured were not pp. So it should be 2,6VPP. The Speaker has also a impedance of 6Ohm -> 1,266W This should be enough. If you can listen with 93dB speaker at normal levels, then with 105dB it shouldn't be no problem. I think I will build one pair. It looks easy and the amp is very attractive :)
Thanks
Adrian

Hi Adrian

Your DAC gives 1.8v my DAC gives 1.4v
Your speakers are 100db my speakers are 93db

my system is adequate in terms of spl, your system will be OTT(rolls royce philosophy)

what is stopping you?...have you read a negative report about F4....if you have I would suggest the author is certifiable!

regards

Ed

Perhaps a misunderstanding, your post encouraged me to build the f4.

I have looked around and the first problem is that I couldn't find the diodes 2n4736 at mouser, digikey and rs-components at all. The other semiconucters I could find but they should be matched somehow.Has somebody a link where I can read about this matching?
I searched for GB but there are no... :( Has anybody an ieda where I can get the matched semiconductors for this project?
thanks Adrian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.