Pass D1V3 DAC - build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
finally made it sing...

Hello,
it's been a while since I ordered the kit and made all the soldering.
It has been ready all the time but this weekend I made all the external wiring and inserted a pot to directly connect it to the amp.
Great stuff! Thanks to Spencer for this exeptional kit :hot:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Next step will be to tailor a wooden house for it.

And of course the amp that follows is a NP creation...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Best regards
Josch

Performance of the DAC is special, with resolution and presence as strong points. Following these mods, I've put the screws back, perhaps for the first time in about 12 years of tweaking hifi. That says it all!

Hello!
Congratulations for all your great mods!
They are very complex..... for me.
Can you gently make a step by step description with schematics and all the regulations evenctually needed? I think this could be much interesting for other Members too.
Many thanks. Sincerely.
Davide.

Last edited:
10KOhm potentiometer

Hi,
I have purchased a good quality quad 10KOhm potentiometer for my amplifier.
I ask gently if D1V3 (D1V33 upgraded) can drive this pot with the original 10uF C4 C15 C25 C36 ?
Can I keep my (expensive) 10uF C4 C15 C25 C36 caps, or can the frequency responce be compromised?
Many thanks. Regards.
Davide.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.