How to use single ended inputs with X power amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I remember that NP once said something about how to set up an X series stage for single ended operation. I have searched the forum frantically for that post without success.

I would like to have verified that the standard method for hooking up a single ended input to a balanced amp (i.e shorting the un-used input to ground using a resistance which is the same value as the source resistance) is the recommended way also for X-style units.

Petter

Attachments

• x_bal_converter.gif
    x_bal_converter.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 404
Petter,

I believe you short pins 1 and 3 for most of the X-amps. I don,t think the X-1000 or X-600 respond as well to this for some reason, maybe because of the folded cascode?

Why don't you try it? Maybe a transformer on the input is the answer but I don't think the Master favours them. Maybe a simple phase inverter is the solution.

Regards,
Jam

I have tried it, but did not get the expected result, so I was wondering if there was a special trick for doing it.

The reason for testing was that the signal generator + analyzer I was getting access to are both single ended.

Transformers next I suppose :)

Will check out links

Petter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.